Sram bb spindle length

Justin2

Please can someone advise I bought a new crank for my bike but the spindle length is a bit longer than my original one. As in pic, is there anything I can do to make it work they are both sram road cranks16B02FCF-D10B-47A1-A6FC-0360BF15596A.jpeg.688c27e7bb9416e56ad8d1d688d7f8a6.jpeg

what bike is this for?

Can you measure the two axle lengths and provide?

and chainrings sizes please

Edited by DieselnDust

It’s for a spez sl4 chain  ring size is 53/39 don’t have them with me now so can’t measure  but the short (original) is sram red the longer is sram quarq crank 

25 minutes ago, Justin2 said:

It’s for a spez sl4 chain  ring size is 53/39 don’t have them with me now so can’t measure  but the short (original) is sram red the longer is sram quarq crank 

Right so the difference is your SL4 uses a OSBB which is 61mm wide whereas the SRAM crank you purchased is for 68mm wide BB shell and chain rings 53/39 and 54/42 or bigger.

You will either have to send the crank back and obtain a crank for the OSBB or there may be a OSBB to PF30-68 adpator bb from WheelsManufacturing or Praxxis

e.g.

https://r2-bike.com/PRAXIS-WORKS-bottom-bracket-shell-for-PRAXIS-WORKS-BB30-OSBB-61-mm-to-68-mm-road-bottom-bracket

As long as the bearing landings on the spindle are correctly aligned with bearings you should be able to get away with using the spacers. Check the SRAM bb30/pf30 install guide it should give you an idea of what size spacers should be used. 

Edited by warick_wrx

https://wheelsmfg.com/carbon-osbb-tech

if the bearing lands do not accommodate then its a simple matter of 2x 3.5mm spacers to widen the BB stance. I don't recommend this with a normal pressfit bb in a OSBB frame as those frame are notorious for inaccurate tolerances in the bb shell A Wheelsmanufacturing PF30 with the 2x 3.5mm spacers will allow you to get the bearings in the right place. I recommend this anyway as its better to space the bearings as far apart as possible to improve the load distribution and improve bearing life.