JACKAL DASH 22

OVERDRIVE

Did the 45km and overall was a good race experience.

I blame the board number chaos at the start on inconsiderate riders and not the organizers. Once i got to the board collection table, it took 20 seconds to get my board and move away. Once you collect your board, don't try and cable tie it at the collection table 🙄, move to a quieter spot out of the way, but yes pre-race collection would have been a better option.

There were a couple of bottlenecks caused by rider error but it happens. Sometimes in a race situation, the less experienced get a little flustered having someone close behind them (when they're used to miles of space on their normal rides), and end up in the wrong gears or doubting their abilities over an obstacle. So if you ride with this in mind, you enjoy the ride better, as long as it's not a bottleneck every few km, which it wasn't for me on Saturday.

16 hours ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

Was a nice race. The organisation at the start when the boards were handed out was absolute chaos. Trail markings also left something to be desired. I was in the A bunch and we also had a whole group of people turning back on the trail saying we had taken a wrong turn. A bit muddy, some parts of the trails a bit unkempt, but overall a great day out with competitive but friendly riders. 

Thinking about it again, the board collection process can be improved significantly. There was no verification of name against board number - you simply gave your number and they handed you the board. It would have been really easy for someone who hadn’t entered the race to pick up a number and not be challenged or checked. They relied heavily on people being honest in the process, and not accidentally taking the wrong board. Doesn’t seem like there were any issues though, luckily. 

On 3/6/2022 at 6:43 AM, Mattman said:

I enjoyed the race. Although in B group on the 65km, someone in the front stopped the bunch on the single track saying we had taken a wrong turn. This caused major congestion and turns out we were on the right path. Maybe dodgy tactics from the group leaders??? Otherwise really enjoyed it. 
Anyone know when results are ready?

Found the Race Results here :

https://www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=269884

On 3/7/2022 at 10:28 AM, Faze Maze said:

Found the Race Results here :

https://www.webscorer.com/race?raceid=269884

Well that is annoying, I certainly did finish, but got a DNF on their page 😒

Edit : they "corrected" and I have a time now, came 14th apparently 🤣🤣 clearly the timing system has some issues, I was nowhere near that fast 🤣🤣

Edited by Chadvdw67
New information came to light