Stilbaai MTB

Manx Man

Yeah, lots of gravel options around - the route up the river is a leg killer with constant small, steep up and downs. Also the option to ride through to Vermaakliheid from Jongens.

The only really "fun" stuff is off the gravel road from Stilbaai East to the airport. You used to be able to take 4-odd single track bits down to the tar road, but last time I was there they had banned MTB from the first three (they are hiking trails to be fair). This leaves the last one, just across the runway and up a bit, which is actually not a bad bit of single track (https://www.trailforks.com/trails/fundango-423800/).

Edited by dexterdent

Yes that 2km trail @dexterdent mentioned is the only proper piece of singletrack in Stilbaai

On the top-end of the runway where the singletrack starts there is a jeep track (you have to jump a gate) down to Melkhoutfontein which is a fun downhill (but you can get slightly lost there)

For the rest just gravel grinding (the road up the Goukou river the highlight)