Cape Epic Idea

Tromps

Tromps' date=' the idea is not new. It was pitced to the event organisers some months ago. I understand that it is/was under consideration for a future Cape Epic event.

So I guess all we can do is watch this space...
[/quote']

Reading that post about the organisers of the event changing the starting point and maybe making it short but still eight days of riding can only mean one thing.

HIER KOM GROOT K*K. I hope you guys entereing for next year are already in some form of pre-training. I respectively think that they are going to make it freaking hard!

We will overcome all he puts in our way.

We??? Jy is te siek om ordentlik fiets te ry maaitjie. Jy moet eers gesond word.Shocked

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tromps' date=' the idea is not new. It was pitced to the event organisers some months ago. I understand that it is/was under consideration for a future Cape Epic event.

[/quote']

Reading that post about the organisers of the event changing the starting point and maybe making it short but still eight days of riding can only mean one thing.

HIER KOM GROOT K*K. I hope you guys entereing for next year are already in some form of pre-training. I respectively think that they are going to make it freaking hard!

expect around 90km per day Ave with a lot of real mountain biking!

You will need to be able to;

ride drop offs

ride up and down narrow twisty singletrack

singletrack climbs

ride over logs

ride across wet wooden bridges

ride up switchbacks

ride down switchbacks

Forget the carbon hardtail, a route through the westerncape will break it.

You'll need a lightweight trail bike like a Cannondale Rush Carbon, Rush SL or Rize. Scott Genius comes to mind as well.

Forget skinny Stans'd tyres. You'll need proper UST Tyres, with tread that can grip.

I suggest you also get in some trail running training...

[/quote']

We will overcome all he puts in our way.

We??? Jy is te siek om ordentlik fiets te ry maaitjie. Jy moet eers gesond word.Shocked

Ten minste het ek in die lottery in geskryf. Hoop ek kry n entry.

Eerder jy as ek. Wie sal jou partner wees?

BmcFan

BmcFan

Wil jy rerig daai pansie ass saam vat in die berge in???

[/quote']

expect around 90km per day Ave with a lot of real mountain biking!

You will need to be able to;

ride drop offs

ride up and down narrow twisty singletrack

singletrack climbs

ride over logs

ride across wet wooden bridges

ride up switchbacks

ride down switchbacks

Forget the carbon hardtail, a route through the westerncape will break it.

You'll need a lightweight trail bike like a Cannondale Rush Carbon, Rush SL or Rize. Scott Genius comes to mind as well.

Forget skinny Stans'd tyres. You'll need proper UST Tyres, with tread that can grip.

I suggest you also get in some trail running training...

This is what a MTB race should have by default - sounds good. Guess I will actually have to train on my MTB and not just the road bike for next year...

Ek wag nog om te hoor of die solo opsie nou deur gaan....

die team ding nie vir my so cool nie.... 

(nee tromps, niks met jou te doen nie, kyk maar vir sauser, 2 jaar in 'n ry pak sy teammate op en dan word hy gestraf....)

BmcFan

Iemand moet my pace in die berge. Anders raak ek agter.

Ek wag nog om te hoor of die solo opsie nou deur gaan....

die team ding nie vir my so cool nie.... 

(nee tromps' date=' niks met jou te doen nie, kyk maar vir sauser, 2 jaar in 'n ry pak sy teammate op en dan word hy gestraf....)
[/quote']

Die solo opsie sal slegs vir die pro riders wees.

BmcFan

Iemand moet my pace in die berge. Anders raak ek agter.

lol... as hy grond koop soos hy in die berge gemaak het in jonkers... kry ek jou nou al jammer

dan moet ek seker maar harder oefen om pro te kan gaan....  Wink

Jy het die regte idee daar beet.

Solo, deur die Epic, is jy MAL???ConfusedOuchDead

Ek sal verdwaal en le en vrek iewers langs die pad! Ek weet wat met ouens gebeur SAAM met partners, en jy wil dit alleen gaan doen???

No word on the solo rider option. I suspect that it will not go through. Simply Because Mr Sauser can't chose a partner capable of finishing is no reason to swing the event in his favour because he has a case of sour grapes. Mr Sauser should grow up and embrace his manhood

No word on the solo rider option. I suspect that it will not go through. Simply Because Mr Sauser can't chose a partner capable of finishing is no reason to swing the event in his favour because he has a case of sour grapes. Mr Sauser should grow up and embrace his manhood

have to disagree with you on this Lefty....  I really couldn't give a vlooi boud about Sauser, but I don't like the idea of your partner falling/getting a bug/dying or something and now you are also disqualified....

that's just silly!!Shocked