cape epic 2023 kit

Johankrugersa1

Good morning

I know this has probably been asked before, but cant seem to find the info,

I was hoping to get some information from you guys regarding kit choice for the cape epic, now I know it is very rider specific with regards to fit and comfort.

But we are looking at making custom kit for the event, especially the jerseys, on the bib side we are not to worried to have that custom, plain black will do.

Who would you guys recommend for custom jerseys and what would be the top 3 best bibs to buy for an event like this?

obviously with comfort and quality in mind, we don't mind spending a little extra on bibs.

Thanx in advance!

I have had very good use out of my Vye Cycle kit tops (Granite Race and Lite). They're comfortable and hard wearing, especially if you are planning to wear a back pack.

I've been participating in the development of the Vye Cobalt jersey and can hily recommend the fit and quality. The pocket strength is high and the jersey stability on your back with fully loaded pockets is second to none.

My next choice would be Ciovita Race fit depending on your build.

Generally Endomorph would be suited to Sport fit

Mesomorph suited to race fit

ectomorph better suited to Elite Pro Fit.

Fit is the most important thing you need to consider. any jersey that slides around is going to be horrific at the epic. If too big or too loose the jersey will stretch under loaded pockets and put pressure on shoulders. Sometimes chafe can be a problem too.

Bibs, again I've had good results at the epic with the Vye Mirage Bibs. Not much to add here as they've just worked for me. In 2018 they saved my arse after my under swiss brand bibs chamois caused havoc with hard spots.

Lately the Ciovita Corsa 2.0 and Supremo are also great options depending on which fits you better. The Supremo has a noticeably thicker pas tht more comfy for long hours on the bike.

The best bibs for Epic I've used are Assos Equipe and Mille GT. Never owned an S9, just too expensive for my middle management pay cheque