SA’s ‘MTB Party of the Year’ continues to set the bar

News bot

Seeding, timing and results was a downer for me on what is a pretty lekka event, one I will gladly do again.  I just need to adjust my attitude towards it (especially ebikers) a little and be more relaxed.

• Seeding:  Was last moment and was so wrong.  And all riders could really start where they wanted, and seeding was not adjusted after day 1
  • Timing: My timing was spot on with theirs (bar a couple of minutes, so not sure why the seeding could not have been better on Day 2.  Day two was really a free for all, apart from the "racing" ebikers who were called out and asked to start 1st.  We obviously never saw them again... 
  • Results: Are mixed i.e., Cyclist and ebikers results are mixed, and they only had 3 categories, ebikers, open men (cyclists) and open women (cyclists).  More organizers these days rather caters for ebikers that for age categories...  Guess that will eventually just drive away some Cyclists from entering some events

Organizers in general are more and more catering for ebikers - hopefully soon they can have their own motocross race and then they do not have to mix it with the cyclists.  I am sure they get as frustrated, but obviously happy to be able to ride the race and measure their bike performance against other bikes. 

Beers at the end (not the free ones), and chit chatting with mates were pretty awesome and rounded off a lekker day out and about in Stellies.

Edited by The Commuter