Spd pedals: the verdict

keith

Ok so I purchased the Shimano spd pedals and the Olympic shoes for my mtb on sat morning and hit Giba in the afternoon. The verdict: IT ROCKED!!! The pedals and shoes were awesome even though I fell off a couple of times from not unclipping quick enoughBig%20smile Thanks all for the advice about the shoes and pedals! I am bruised and a very happy man, and a mtb'rBig%20smile

Yes, SPDs are good value and great performers. Keep the screw loose on the pedals while you get used to the feeling. If you wipeout against rocks while clipped in you will suffer.

Good for you. You will see that you will get much better regarding your balancing and you will be "forced" not to put your feet down and ride the obsticles.

It was the tight 180 degree zig-zag corners going uphill that got the best of me! Without spds you can just touch your foot down but with them toppling over is a bit more of a certainty if your weight is correctly balanced- and being a newbie mine obviously wasn'tBig%20smile My new Mongoose maintained awesomely as well!

What 'goose did you buy? I thought they come standard with eggbeaters?

Either way, learn to do a trackstand, practice it often, and then you have no need to unclip.

Hog I got the mongoose tyax super- entry level stuff but I'm darn chuffed with it! They came with normal mongoose flat pedals so they had to go.

Hog I got the mongoose tyax super- entry level stuff but I'm darn chuffed with it! They came with normal mongoose flat pedals so they had to go.

Ah yes! I think I remember the thread. Confused

Mondays Dead