Importing eBikes

Snaagi

Sooo I've searched forums and haven't seen much. I know it's difficult thing to do....but anybody gotten it right to import an ebike direct? 

I know biggest issue is battery.

So many brands out there which we just not getting. Personally really would love to bring in a radon render or Vitus E-Sommet both look sick.

12 minutes ago, Snaagi said:

Sooo I've searched forums and haven't seen much. I know it's difficult thing to do....but anybody gotten it right to import an ebike direct? 

So many brands out there which we just not getting. Personally really would love to bring in a radon render or Vitus E-Sommet both look sick.

Well shipped is the only option , so still expensive and massive wait.

Other than that I can't tell you more.

I'd try and buy one with A battery system available here , make a deal with a shop wherever to buy the bike and battery fitting stuff but not the battery incl.

Fly the bike here and buy the batter from a local store then presto.

This seems like a moerse ballache in my head but I'm sure it'll be quicker than shipping a single bike

Haha @BaGearAyour last sentence pretty much is what I'm expecting.

Yeah I've reached out to couple brands to see if they'd ship without battery but not to keen. 

Thinking might ship to mates overseas and get them to take battery out and then ship....still nightmare. 

Dream would be frame kits but yeah....doesn't happen with E's .... except s-works haha

19 minutes ago, Snaagi said:

Haha @BaGearAyour last sentence pretty much is what I'm expecting.

Yeah I've reached out to couple brands to see if they'd ship without battery but not to keen. 

Thinking might ship to mates overseas and get them to take battery out and then ship....still nightmare. 

Dream would be frame kits but yeah....doesn't happen with E's .... except s-works haha

but even with a frame kit that still leaves the battery issue 🤷

19 hours ago, Snaagi said:

Here's a maybe alternative: If you're in CTN get in touch with Willie Engelbrecht at Adrenalin bikes or in JHB contact Nico at Vincent Bikes. They bring in a well priced and decent tech eeb. I think they import the frames and install the tech locally.