Bosch Cx firmware update with purion display

herrowpreeze

So right at the very very bottom of hoegekraal my bosh ebike started throwing a 504 error. Which is related to speed sensor and governance. Awesome feature Bosch, thnaks really enjoyed the 4 hour push up a mountain 

From my research I established its a know issue for the firmware version

However I also discovered that because it has the purion display and not the new smart hub system it is not possible to connect to an app ( such a sick feature on a R120k bike right?, something the don't tell you when you purchase the bike).

Is there someone that can help me with this or does anyone in Cape Town area know of a dealer that can do the update? 

TIA

Had a 503 error, which is a speed sensor issue. This happened within 3 months of buying it, and also on lap 2 of a XCO race. Not nice pushing a bike towards the finish line.

Bike Addict, where I bought the bike gave excellent service. They fetched the bike but had to send it to Joburg to have fixed. 

D’ville Cycles and or Chris Willemse also sells Scott so they could also potentially help you out.

Edited by Mike Nel

The 504 error can be as simple as a shifted magnet, have you tried moving it ? even if it doesn't look right ... 

On 12/30/2022 at 10:35 AM, Brakepad said:

The 504 error can be as simple as a shifted magnet, have you tried moving it ? even if it doesn't look right ... 

Yes it's nothing to do with the magnet it's the firmware version that is susceptible to the 504.

I want to do the upgrade anyway to get the extra power 

On 1/2/2023 at 7:49 AM, herrowpreeze said:

Yes it's nothing to do with the magnet it's the firmware version that is susceptible to the 504.

I want to do the upgrade anyway to get the extra power 

You can take the bike to GearChange in Mowbray. They can help you with it

On 1/5/2023 at 9:07 AM, ChristiaanSt said:

You can take the bike to GearChange in Mowbray. They can help you with it

Thanks CWC did it for me in 2 minutes, so frustrating you cant do it your self