[Event] Virtual Race Series

Virtual Race Series

Event Name: Virtual Race Series
When: 01/05/2023 - 31/07/2023
Where: FourwaysSandton, Gauteng
Category: Virtual Race Series

South Africa's first virtual cycle mass competition. Enter for free and ride our virtual route on BKool the quickest and win R25 000.

Go to Event Page. Edited by Virtual Race Series
update to event

6 hours ago, Virtual Race Series said:

Event Name: Virtual Race Series
When: 01/05/2023 - 31/07/2023
Where: Fourways, , Fourways, Sandton, Gauteng
Category: Virtual Ride

Become King or Queen of the Mountains on our BKool route and win R25 000

Go to Event Page.

Kool 😁

Rules say you have to be a South African resident….. pity

4 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Kool 😁

Rules say you have to be a South African resident….. pity

Hey SwissVan,

Yes for this addition of the event you have to be a South African resident unfortunately. 

Thanks for the interest though.

Virtual Race Series

54 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I like the fact that the finale will be live so to speak. No place for the digital dopers to hide. 

Precisely Long Wheel Base,

There will be strict controls in place and should the team think someone has qualified for the finale unfairly they will audit attempts.

The Finale will be a live streamed event on YouTube with an MC leading proceedings. 

We aim for this to be as fair as possible! 

On 1/18/2023 at 7:04 AM, Virtual Race Series said:

Precisely Long Wheel Base,

There will be strict controls in place and should the team think someone has qualified for the finale unfairly they will audit attempts.

The Finale will be a live streamed event on YouTube with an MC leading proceedings. 

We aim for this to be as fair as possible! 

Just to confirm, we download and register a bkool profile? We get 1 month free. Let’s say we happen to make it to the finale, but our free month has expired and we didn’t take up a subscription, would we need to then take up a subscription?

6 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Just to confirm, we download and register a bkool profile? We get 1 month free. Let’s say we happen to make it to the finale, but our free month has expired and we didn’t take up a subscription, would we need to then take up a subscription?

Hi Long Wheel Base,

Yes you will need a BKool account, as you say they give a 30 day free trial so you should only register once the open period starts if you don't want to pay for a subscription.

And yes, you will need to then pay for a months subscription if you make the finale. You can pay for one month and then cancel as per BKool's article here - https://support.bkool.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024680731-How-can-I-cancel-my-Premium-subscription-

Hope this helps.

Virtual Race Series team

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Next weekend is the UCI Esport World Championship being held on Zwift. It is crazy how far the world of indoor cycling has come. When did you first get into indoor cycling as a sport?
May be an image of text that says 'z ZWIFT UCI 2023 CYCLING ESPORTS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS GLASGOW SCOTLAND'

Next weekend is the UCI Esport World Championship being held on Zwift. It is crazy how far the world of indoor cycling has come. When did you first get into indoor cycling as a sport?

• 1 month later...

Introducing the Virtual Race Series kit. This kit will be in the BKool simulator and everyone taking part in our competition will be riding in this kit on the virtual ride.

Who will be our King and Queen of the Mountains?

Screenshot 2023-03-21 133142.png

Screenshot 2023-03-21 133232.png

Screenshot 2023-03-21 133315.png

• 1 month later...

Our open period starts on Monday 1st May at 08:00. Over the next three months ride our virtual route on Bkool (30-day free trial offered) as many times as you want.

After this period the fastest 20 men and 20 women will go through to live finals. The live finals will be on 4 August and will be broadcast on YouTube. Nolan Hoffman (4 x Cape Cycle Tour Winner) and Leigh-Anne Diedloff (Supersport Presenter) will be commentators for the finals. 

The winner of these separate finals will win R25 000 each!

Enter for free and join 100's of riders around South Africa battling it out for a place in the finals.

No pro's or former pro's so everyone has a chance of winning the biggest prize money for a virtual cycling event in South Africa's history.

Enter here - www.virtualcycle.co.za