Dinokeng MTB

Blokman

Hallo hubbers. We are camping in Dinokeng mid Feb just for a weekend. First time. I phoned and were told that you can ride in the area. There is nothing that will eat you.

So the question is ,how is the riding  there ? Is it worth taking the MTB for one maybe two rides. Or something just outside close by. Dirt rds etc. Possible to put in two hours or so ?

Edited by Blokman

21 hours ago, Blokman said:

Hallo hubbers. We are camping in Dinokeng mid Feb just for a weekend. First time. I phoned and were told that you can ride in the area. There is nothing that will eat you.

So the question is ,how is the riding  there ? Is it worth taking the MTB for one maybe two rides. Or something just outside close by. Dirt rds etc. Possible to put in two hours or so ?

Who you phone. Because there is definitely things that can and elephants also. I have heard from residents you cant. Not allowed. I  will comfirm. Including running and horse riding. I wanted to. Move there. 

1 hour ago, Theunissa said:

Who you phone. Because there is definitely things that can and elephants also. I have heard from residents you cant. Not allowed. I  will comfirm. Including running and horse riding. I wanted to. Move there. 

22 hours ago, Blokman said:

I just confirmed. No. And this is from someone on the board. Maybe the camping place has a camp with electric fence you can ride in. He used to cycle aswell 

Edited by Theunissa

2 hours ago, Theunissa said:

I just confirmed. No. And this is from someone on the board. Maybe the camping place has a camp with electric fence you can ride in. He used to cycle aswell 

Thanks for the reply. I phoned the campsite . I've taken note. I'm seeing someone today who has camped there before. Will see what he says. If I can't that's it.

Sorted . No cycling inside . Seems Dinokeng is a generic term for the surrounds as well. We're outside . Thanks Theunis.

9 hours ago, Blokman said:

Sorted . No cycling inside . Seems Dinokeng is a generic term for the surrounds as well. We're outside . Thanks Theunis.

Outside you fine. Yes some do that. It's like the Kruger. What it is and what people say are different things. I was gonna ask you to add me as a beneficiary for your bike on your testament. I do some work there and know a few people there. I love not far from it. You should do a drive through the reserve. It is nice