Mr Legs

I want to cycle up the Hemel and Aarde valley up to and over Shaw's Pass and then on the Caledon side turn left to eventually reach the Swartrivier road and Karweiderskraal.

I need some pointers on the section between the top of Shaw's and the Swartrivier Road. I had a look on Google and there seems to be farm roads, going east west. I also see a B&B etc along the road, so it should be doable.

Anyone familiar with the route?

I did the route over the weekend. The first 40 km was easy, I then took a dead end, went back, hiked over a farmers field, climbed a fence, found a road that quickly turned into a rock strewn down hill baboon trail. Got back on the bike, took a tumble in a sandy river bed. Pushed a long rocky uphill to Paardenkloof. By that stage the the sun was baking down. I took a short nap under a tree. Then eventually found the Swartrivier road. By that stage my liquids was low and I decided to cycle to the Salandra Cafe outside Botriver. Gulped down 4 bottles of energade. Had a look on Google and saw that Onrus was still 27 km against the wind. Phoned my wife to collect. 65 km, 1127m elevation gain.

Great day😁