East Rand to Vaal Marina (Vaal Dam)

Keithc

Hi all.

I see the Doc guys have a ride from the South down to the Vaal Dam. Does anyone have a MTB route from the East Rand (Lets say Carnival City) to Vaal Marina on the Vaal Dam? I could take the tar routes of the many road races in the area to get to the Circus and then link onto the Doc route, but would prefer to stay off road if possible. Any suggestions ?

As I stay in Heidelberg have ridden a few times from Heidelberg onto the old N3 - (called Lagerspoort with very little traffic) then onto a gravel section through some farms where us Heidelberger's often ride, and then onto the tar road next to Vaal Marina. Attached the GPX file. Should be the first 55km odd on this file. 

Morning_Ride.gpx

1 hour ago, SLEASK said:

As I stay in Heidelberg have ridden a few times from Heidelberg onto the old N3 - (called Lagerspoort with very little traffic) then onto a gravel section through some farms where us Heidelberger's often ride, and then onto the tar road next to Vaal Marina. Attached the GPX file. Should be the first 55km odd on this file. 

Morning_Ride.gpx 1.89 MB · 5 downloads

Great - thanks very much. I will certainly look into using this in my planned ride