Trek 5500 fork replacement

SilverFish

Hi all, 

need to replace a fork on a Trek 5500 (2002/2003), the left blade has a cracked. 
I have not replaced a road fork before but keen to give it a go, so looking for some advice. 

it is threadless and I believe a 1 1/8 inch, what other measurements should I be looking for? Hub spacing, blade length length, rake...?
is it possible to find aftermarket forks or are my options limited to used forks on the hub?

thanks 

If you're the original owner and have proof of purchase (unlikely for an older bike?)Trek will cover it under warranty.

Many will cringe but for the price of a replacement fork plus paint you can get it repaired (look up Incubit Frame services).

I got hit by a car and managed to ride my carbon Cannondale back to the car with one completely broken fork leg....

I've got a few road forks that came off Cervelos. I don't have the specs but if your in Joburg, DM me so we can arrange for you to look

35 minutes ago, love2fly said:

If you're the original owner and have proof of purchase (unlikely for an older bike?)Trek will cover it under warranty.

Many will cringe but for the price of a replacement fork plus paint you can get it repaired (look up Incubit Frame services).

I got hit by a car and managed to ride my carbon Cannondale back to the car with one completely broken fork leg....

Not the original owner, but will definitely give incubit a call. thanks  

38 minutes ago, Spirog said:

I've got a few road forks that came off Cervelos. I don't have the specs but if your in Joburg, DM me so we can arrange for you to look

ok great, I am in Bloem. but let me get some measurements and I'll get back to you

5 hours ago, SilverFish said:

Not the original owner, but will definitely give incubit a call. thanks  

I had the 5500 blue and white USPS with Ultegra....almost bought the Lance Armstrong version of the 5900.

Edited by love2fly
Typo