Shimano RC701 White

Ncayi

Good day 

Does anyone know where I can find a a pair of the Shimano RC701 White in size 45 wide, preferably close to Johannesburg?

• I managed to find one at Mellow Velo but it was a size 46.
  • I also found one on Crank Evolutions website but they were unresponsive when I tried to contact them. Are they a legit shop?

I know some shops don't list old stock on their websites and some shops don't have detailed websites that even list products. I also know there  is a new RC702 but I just don't like it and I also feel it's a bit overpriced currently.

I would appreciate any leads.

shimano-rc7-carbon-sole-1593367542-9776-PhotoRoom.png

Edited by Ncayi

If you are keen, I can get you the RC 702’s in white.

45 narrow or wide.

Could also possibly do a deal on DMT KR3

Edited by Wyatt Earp

Found both pairs on bikeaddict maybe speak with someone there about sourcing your size.image.png.c7ab426401df23641445d11e581228a7.pngIf you cant get the 701 the 702 does also look rather nice just not completely white

image.png.07908c18c1abf1b8e8b234269c03e2e1.png

The 701 is the previous generation so I'm not sure if you will find it in your size unfortunately.

EDIT: never heard of crank evolutions

Edited by Kyle_Hanger

2 hours ago, Wyatt Earp said:

If you are keen, I can get you the RC 702’s in white.

45 narrow or wide.

Could also possibly do a deal on DMT KR3

I will send you a DM so you can provide more information,

1 hour ago, Kyle_Hanger said:

If you cant get the 701 the 702 does also look rather nice just not completely white

I currently own a pair of 701's and I will be honest, I am quite emotionally attached to them. So perhaps it's time to let go and try something more up-to-date like the 702.

1 hour ago, Kyle_Hanger said:

never heard of crank evolutions

They have a website, google maps address page and all but I know that doesn't mean jack in today's world.

I don't blame you i was also quite attatched to my previous pair of cleats. I can see why you like the 701s with the solid white.

image.png.838bb30c8374ac6414b54b37f2586460.png

The DMT KR3 looks rather nice also but it is a single BOA dial. speak with @Wyatt Earp about their offer and then compare prices, stiffness and then take it from there. I never knew DMT made such a nice looking pair of road shoes. All 3 pairs certainly look the part

15 hours ago, Kyle_Hanger said:

The DMT KR3 looks rather nice also but it is a single BOA dial. speak with @Wyatt Earp about their offer and then compare prices, stiffness and then take it from there. I never knew DMT made such a nice looking pair of road shoes. All 3 pairs certainly look the part

I definitely wouldn't buy a single boa dial shoe (at least not one without a Velcro strap at the bottom) as it significantly limits adjustments. Maybe I am cheap, but I wouldn't be willing to be separated with 6k on any kind of shoe.

So, I will exhaust all possible leads on the 701 and settle for a 702 if all of them are dead ends. Thanks for all the information.

6 minutes ago, Ncayi said:

I definitely wouldn't buy a single boa dial shoe (at least not one without a Velcro strap at the bottom) as it significantly limits adjustments. Maybe I am cheap, but I wouldn't be willing to be separated with 6k on any kind of shoe.

So, I will exhaust all possible leads on the 701 and settle for a 702 if all of them are dead ends. Thanks for all the information.

Single dial Boa adjust better than a double Boa shoe.

13 minutes ago, Ncayi said:

Maybe look at Fizik (has the velcro strap https://www.cyclelab.com/product/6001164-shoe-road-uni-fizik-tempo-overcurve-r5-wht-blk--f

Single BOA, double BOA or velcro straps even that ratchet system is all personal preference some people just prefer different closure systems.

image.png.fa32e38a944a7b9d151b947c767232bf.png

The Fizik mentioned by @shaper also looks rather nice, I would say that is a viable option if you cant get the shimano shoes. They have a boa and velcro strap. I would compare the stiffness of them also as the rc701 is pretty stiff.

image.png.a66756e9583d4a490ae52bec74a82596.png

Giro also appears to have a dual BOA offering link: https://www.cyclelab.com/product/6002253-shoe-road-men-giro-regime-wht

so far from what i can see your viable options are

Definitely: Shimano rc701
Maybe: Shimano rc702, Fizik tempo overcurve , Giro regime
Definitely not : DMT KR3

I'm not too sure about how stiff the Fizik and Giro shoes are compared to the Shimanos as i have only used Scott and Shimano. I'm not sure if you are able to go in and try on the mentioned shoes. Personally i would try them before I buy as you mentioned you are a wide size. I am also a wide size being a size 12.5

If anyone here as used the above mentioned shoes please do advise as I don't want to give false information here about stiffness and fit.