Good bike brands for a beginner at a reasonable price point

Onik Dovahkiin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/4/2023 at 9:26 AM, Jensie said:

If you can get a proper bike fit done. It will help with comfort, hands, back and neck and your bum will appreciate it.   

I don't really have access to such services where I live atm. I got a simple padded seat cover on Takealot for under R200 and it has improved the general comfort by 200%. 

47 minutes ago, Onik Dovahkiin said:

I don't really have access to such services where I live atm. I got a simple padded seat cover on Takealot for under R200 and it has improved the general comfort by 200%. 

Here is a quick guide to do it at home. on the MTB the saddle height and reach is the same.

18 hours ago, Onik Dovahkiin said:

@Onik Dovahkiin Do you mind sharing the link?

There are many videos on how to check your "sitbone width" at home, if you dont have access to a bike fit.

Also, you bumm gets saddle-fit, just like any other cycling muscle !  If you regularly do 50km rides, you will soon feel good for the duration (on the right size saddle).  Add another 45 minutes and your behind knows all about it ... do longer sessions for a few weeks and all is good.  On the flip side, if you do a few weeks of shorter rides, it will take a few longer rides for your bumm to get in shape again.