Careful when dealing with Chintu10

440MTB

Hi all,

Reading up on a few of these horror threads, I thought I'd just do my part and share my thoughts on the account @Chintu10 .

The person hit me up via Direct Message regarding my Scott Spark 910 I had for sale at the time, and asked me for my WhatsApp number... I then got a message from +260 767647906 (Zambia), the profile shows as BS Bicycle Service Center (in Lusaka, Zambia) - FB: https://www.facebook.com/people/BS-BIKE-Service-Center/100071561471605/

The person said they'll take the bike and will EFT the following day... I had to follow up numerous times, and they kept on promising they'll pay, but eventually they just ghosted me.

What was very suspicious, was the fact that they also said they need to have the bike shipped to144 Kerk Street Johannesburg (Hillbrow), but again, I never received any further messages, and they just went dead quiet.

Just wanted to put this out there, I'm not saying the person is a scammer, but rather be cautious when this person contacts you.

As a rule of thumb: NEVER, EVER, NEVER! let any item go/get collected without the funds reflecting IN YOUR ACCOUNT.

Cheers!

Edited by 440MTB