Cape Epic 2024 - To Brain or not to Brain?

Rodrigo  Abreu

Hi Rodrigo! I rode both ACE 2018 with an epic fsr and 2023 with a epic Evo. I would choose the Evo for the ACE 2024 with the option of the remote lock for the rear shock. More confort and same efficiency. For a shorter race or one with less climbing (and downhill) I would choose the epic fsr with the brain.

See u riding the CE 2024 😁

• 3 months later...

If the race winners are choosing the Epic Evo above all other options that they can have for free, surely it says that that’s the fastest and most suitable / comfortable bike. 

13 hours ago, ajnkzn said:

If the race winners are choosing the Epic Evo above all other options that they can have for free, surely it says that that’s the fastest and most suitable / comfortable bike. 

Every team in it to win it is opting for 120mm travel bikes this year. For the route this year it’s the way to go. For anyone outside the uci groups it’s just a more comfortable option and your lower back will take a lot of strain over this years route. 

I just want to add some info to the mix. The pro teams will probably be racing on the new Epic 120mm which is essentially last year's Evo with Flight Attendant instead of Brain.

This is what I was expecting as well, but have not heard any rumors of the official launch. Since last year I have been riding with an Epic Evo Ltd, and it is a much more comfortable ride than the Epic, it would be great to have the flight attendants for sprints and out of the saddle efforts. 

Edited by Rodrigo Abreu
Typo

24 minutes ago, ninex said:

I just want to add some info to the mix. The pro teams will probably be racing on the new Epic 120mm which is essentially last year's Evo with Flight Attendant instead of Brain.

It’s a totally new bike. Aesthetically similar but lots of subtle tweaks. Yes they will be using the specialized specced Flight Attendant suspension. And apparently it is a very well sorted system.

13 minutes ago, Rodrigo Abreu said:

This is what I was expecting as well, but have not heard any runouts of the official launch. Since last year I have been riding with an Epic Evo Ltd, and it is a much more comfortable ride than the Epic, it would be great to have the flight attendants for sprints and out of the saddle efforts. 

12/03 or 14/03 is the date.