Bike Rental - Cape Town

Keagan van Wyk

Hi guys

Has anyone got a size large road bike that they would be willing to rent to me for the period of 8th March - 11 March (collect + return in the morning).

I am riding the Argus as my first race, and I have just started riding as of the end of last year. I live in Durban and would prefer to not transport my bike as the costs are quite substantial.

I have had a look at all of the bike rental websites and they all seem to be fairly pricey as well, hence the reach out. 

Looking forward to hearing back, thanks all.

9 hours ago, Keagan van Wyk said:

Hi guys

Has anyone got a size large road bike that they would be willing to rent to me for the period of 8th March - 11 March (collect + return in the morning)?

I am riding the Argus as my first race, and I have just started riding as of the end of last year. I live in Durban and would prefer to not transport my bike as the costs are quite substantial.

I have had a look at all of the bike rental websites and they all seem to be fairly pricey as well, hence the reach out. 

Hi Keagan

People are generally reluctant to rent out their bikes to strangers. I would imagine this is due to the many risks that come with such an arrangement. But some companies rent out bikes in Cape Town. So you can look them up but I know one is called Cycling Friends.

Here is how you could get your bike from Durban to Cape Town for R1285.

Cycle Lab can bubble wrap and box your bike for R250 and if you are flying to Cape Town it costs R285 to travel with a bike on FlySafair. For the return, you could get it boxed by Cycle Lab in Cape Town and they can also courier it to your house or a Cycle Lab branch in Durban for R750.

16 hours ago, Keagan van Wyk said:

Hi guys

Has anyone got a size large road bike that they would be willing to rent to me for the period of 8th March - 11 March (collect + return in the morning).

Contact iRide Africa... They have 'new' owners and a fleet of bikes