[Event] Century City Criterium

Event Name: Century City Criterium
When: 03/03/2024
Where: Century Link, Century City, Century City, Cape Town, Western Cape
Category: Road

Experience the adrenaline rush of high-speed cycling action at Century City Criterium race, where cyclists are pushed to their limits to win fantastic prize money.

Go to Event Page.

All participants will have their race number / name entered in a 'lucky draw' to win some fantastic prizes.

Edited by City Cycling Athletic Club

• 2 weeks later...

We are making use of the events / entry platform of CSA.......... https://www.cyclingsa-events.co.za/app

If you want to make a bulk entry please send send in a list of names, CSAID numbers to dellah.paul@cyclingsa.com and she will do a manual process and then arrange payment by EFT.

Sunday 3rd March 2024 – Century City Criterium

Start finish and the junction of Century Link & Century Way

Distance of 1 lap – 1.6km

Race numbers will be issued at the registration table.

Schedule of events

·       8.00am – 8.20am - u11 & u13 boys and girls

·       8.30am – 8.55am - u15 & u17 boys and girls

·       9.05am – 9.30am - City CC  

·       9.40am – 10.15am – inter club / u19men

·       10.25am – 11.05am – Open Women/U19women

·       11.15am – 12noon – Open Men

Please note that the above times are approximate and may be amended if the circuit is not secure and free of traffic.

Prize giving & Podium presentation

The podium presentation for the youth events will take place at approximately 9.30am and once the results have been verified by the Commissaires.

The podium presentation for the balance of the events will take place at approximately 12.20pm and once the results have been verified by the Commissaires.

Prize money will be paid by EFT. Participants to confirm banking details in writing.

Podium presentation protocols to be adhered to.

Summarized Rules and Regulations – please familiarise yourself with the rules and regulations of Criterium racing as per the CSA / UCI Road handbook.

All races – last lap to be signalled either by the Commissaire blowing a whistle or ringing a bell

Mechanicals – to be repaired at the designated ‘pit area’ in the presence of a race Commissaire

Commissaires may inspect bicycles before the race and during a mechanical to determine if the mechanical is recognised or not.

·       1 Lap of grace allowed for course longer than 1 km

Definition of Mechanical

·       Recognised Mechanical due to breakage/crash/puncture:

·       Unrecognised Mechanical due to lack of maintenance of the bike

Neutralised

·       Race to be neutralised by official vehicle at a controlled pace for safety reasons until course is cleared and safe to continue.

·       Restart – announcer to announce time left / laps left. Riders may not draft or attempt to draft official vehicle until it has pulled clear.

General

·       Race to be stopped if crash occurs and injured riders require medical assistance.

·       Injured riders / riders with damaged helmet may not continue without the consent of the event medical officer.

·       Restart – announcer to announce time left to race / laps left. The restart will be from the start / finish line

·       Lapped riders to be removed from the race at the discretion of the referee.

·       A rider shall be deemed to have gained a lap when he catches up with the tail of the main bunch.

·       The classification shall be as follows: - the winner shall be the rider who covered the greatest number of laps.

·       If all riders have completed the same number of laps then the winner shall be the rider who was placed 1st during the final sprint.