Garmin File For Cradle to Magaliesburg

love2fly

2 hours ago, love2fly said:

By the time I'm fit enough to make it there and back the Wimpy will have been hit again. The missus and I got married at Wicker Country Lodge about 27 years ago....it used to be just outside the far side of Magalies on the RHS, I told her I'd take a tent and overnight on the ruins and ride back the next day - it was demolished, maybe due to the fact that we had a huge party....🤣

Ja, they demolished Wickers (Tea Garden) just before we had the 2010 soccer world cup. Someone thought they were going to get rich with the gazillions of tourists that were to flock to SA and they had the bright idea of knocking it all down to rebuild something better...and they just never did! 

Its still a mess on the corner now! Pity as it was a nice property going down to the river.
I think the owner was Keith when you had your wedding there?
The last time I saw this property for sale it was going for something daft like 7 million or something around there.

I would think twice about camping there though as the river area is a prime walking and entry zone for our local Nyope Boys on their foraging jaunts....😀 

1 hour ago, Mojoman said:

Ja, they demolished Wickers (Tea Garden) just before we had the 2010 soccer world cup. Someone thought they were going to get rich with the gazillions of tourists that were to flock to SA and they had the bright idea of knocking it all down to rebuild something better...and they just never did! 

Its still a mess on the corner now! Pity as it was a nice property going down to the river.
I think the owner was Keith when you had your wedding there?
The last time I saw this property for sale it was going for something daft like 7 million or something around there.

I would think twice about camping there though as the river area is a prime walking and entry zone for our local Nyope Boys on their foraging jaunts....😀 

I don't remember his name. Might have been. It was a helluva party.

Wouldn't dream of camping there 😁.

Magalies used to be such a cool place, nice antiquey shops etc ....

I'll have to find another place to caravan St seeing as Lovers Rock is probably no longer or is not too safe. Oh, Mount Grace was way cool...