Help with Holdfast rack onto Venter

Good morning

I have just bought a Holdfast gutter extension kit to fit a two bike rack onto my olf Venter 6. Unfortunately the kit does not include fitting instructions. Could anyone post photos on how to actually fit.

Holdfast only sent a video, but it doesnt show exact fitting.

Would any member who has these fitted, kindly send photos.

Wishing all the members a great weekend.

IMG_20240816_100837.jpg

1 hour ago, Hertsjosh said:

Good morning

I have just bought a Holdfast gutter extension kit to fit a two bike rack onto my olf Venter 6. Unfortunately the kit does not include fitting instructions. Could anyone post photos on how to actually fit.

Holdfast only sent a video, but it doesnt show exact fitting.

Would any member who has these fitted, kindly send photos.

Wishing all the members a great weekend.

IMG_20240816_100837.jpg

I installed them previously on a Venter but sold may years back. I fitted the gutter to the complete rack and put in place on the trailer lid using blocks wood etc to find the correct spot. Then marked each hole on the lid with marker and drilled.  I found the washer on the inside to be a little flimsy and worried that the thin gauge steel lid would rip under load so I riveted some 3mm 200x200 plate to the mounting points inside the lid.

8 hours ago, Barry said:

I installed them previously on a Venter but sold may years back. I fitted the gutter to the complete rack and put in place on the trailer lid using blocks wood etc to find the correct spot. Then marked each hole on the lid with marker and drilled.  I found the washer on the inside to be a little flimsy and worried that the thin gauge steel lid would rip under load so I riveted some 3mm 200x200 plate to the mounting points inside the lid.

Thank you Barry. Thats my concern, there needs to be a backing plate, as the venter lids are so flimsy