What can I offer for this bike? Merida Matts TSF 100 XL frame

hendrik@bikehub

Hi all

So many moons ago I was looking for a mountain bike for my son. I still have my Giant Rincon that I will use to ride with them now that my daughter is 12 and can get onto a 26er. My son had my wife's Giant boulder SE which he rode but sold due to riding everywhere and getting brake fade from the V brake setup when muddy and wet.

I can get a Merida Matts TSF 100 (XL frame) that does not have allot of KM on it but don't know what to offer. Gears are not shifting properly (adjustment needed) and tubes probably have punchers. here is a link of one that sold but I have no idea how long ago this price was allocated.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/hardtail-mountain-bikes/89784/merida-matts-tfs-100

I am thinking of offering R2000 as I will probably have to get it serviced and tubes replaced as it was standing for a couple of years.

Edited by hendrik@bikehub
spelling

R2000 sounds about right, assuming the shifting issues are only due to it standing and not more sinister. If tubes are needing to be replaced, factor in some tyres too as they could also be perished. 

You don't mention the age or height of your son, but an XL is a big bike. Are you sure that it is going to be the right size for him?