NCR- Cape Storm

Skye

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last one, I was bored at looking at the sea so ended off with a protea bush in full bloom

20080831_092032_DSCF3171.jpg

My neighbour got an sms an hour ago from her kids in Cape Town to say that their car has just been washed away by the floods. Unhappy

I think I missed something...

I see a lot of my friends in CT on FB has updates about storms...

Checked weathersa, but as I read the maps it was just a BIG cold front that is heading towards GP now...

What awesome pics!!!

Can't believe some of the obsessed 18 thought there will be any riding this weekend. I trained indoors...

Checked weathersa' date=' but as I read the maps it was just a BIG cold front that is heading towards GP now...[/quote']

Hmmm... Guess you've (and most of us) never experienced a real cold front hey? It's pretty much a STORM! Actually another form of storm, similar to a cyclone (check some satellite pic's)

20080831_100943_IMG_5624.jpg

Okay... Where was this taken... Ek klim sommer nou op my fiets en gaan kyk. I LOVE SNOW....

And now I understand better... Monster cold front....

Checked weathersa' date=' but as I read the maps it was just a BIG cold front that is heading towards GP now...[/quote']Hmmm... Guess you've (and most of us) never experienced a real cold front hey? It's pretty much a STORM! Actually another form of storm, similar to a cyclone (check some satellite pic's)

Point taken and no I have missed all the capes fury. Now I understand the meaning of Cape of Storms.

In Matric geography we were shown a few cyclones (not tropical) but I never understood the power. And as I have no TV or means of getting propaganda (news as you know it) I didn't know or understand...

Thanks for clearing up...

Oh yes and great pick everyone!

What area do you stay in Velo as NO rainbow's my side

I'm in Panorama, weather seems to be coming in waves. Five minute break every hour then it pours. Looking out the window now though it looks like its clearing up a bit.

Checked weathersa' date=' but as I read the maps it was just a BIG cold front that is heading towards GP now...[/quote']

Cois you can have the weather with open arms, I'll even send it with Love..... as we desperately need some warm weather in the Cape.