Purpose of CSA

Canaris

The CSA has a finite budget - they must pick events where they have realistic chance of performing well.  If you, however, want to finance attendance of the Outer Mongolian Driewiel Championships by having licence feeds raised to a couple of grand a year then you'll hear bitching and moaning.

Olympics and World Champs must always be top priority in a body representing the country. Otherwise might just as well go back to the SACF/PPA days, because the SACF, with their many failings, always managed to get worlds squads of some reckoning together!

And yes, I believe if the best squad available in the country, taking into account form, etc., etc., is entered they will always do well! CSA just does not have the expertise to do it properly!

At least positive things are happening at the CSA. They're slowly but surely getting rid of the dead wood.

From what planet did you surface?  Maybe there are new names on the board, but there is surely a very old piece of lady wood that must dissappear from the scene.  And then let us not speak about the exclusivity of team managers / coaches / mechanics that always represent this county when there are big events such as Jnr Worlds, Olympics, 

Paralympics, Tri-Nations and Commomwealth Games.

WTF, how are other passionate people in this sport ever going to get exposure and experience if these seats are hogged all the time by certain

individuals. Have heard during Jnr Worlds that 2 of them in specific doesn't have a good reputation down under but CSA are persevering with these 2.

We still have to see whether the new board will live up to the standards to build up the reputation of CSA as previously, nothing much was done,

CSA is just an admin body. however the provinces elect the Pres. and his various commissions. but as long as the commissioners position is a voluntary one then we are not going to progress.

At least positive things are happening at the CSA. They're slowly but surely getting rid of the dead wood.

From what planet did you surface?  Maybe there are new names on the board' date=' but there is surely a very old piece of lady wood that must dissappear from the scene.  And then let us not speak about the exclusivity of team managers / coaches / mechanics that always represent this county when there are big events such as Jnr Worlds, Olympics, 

Paralympics, Tri-Nations and Commomwealth Games.

WTF, how are other passionate people in this sport ever going to get exposure and experience if these seats are hogged all the time by certain

individuals. Have heard during Jnr Worlds that 2 of them in specific doesn't have a good reputation down under but CSA are persevering with these 2.

We still have to see whether the new board will live up to the standards to build up the reputation of CSA as previously, nothing much was done,
[/quote']

hijack off

one of the stated purposes oif CSA was to promote commuting and tourism.  Yes competition is important, but without functional bicycle usage it is basically useless..  CSA should focus on  setting the foundation of cycling culture before puting the roof (competition) on,

hijack on

you can continue moping about a poor olympics