Sweatsafe ID

casspir

Sometime ago I purchased a Sweatsafe ID.  See www.safemed.co.za/SweatSafe.php

It fits around the ankle.  The total annual cost for this was about R 550.00.  This included a Medical Expenses plan with an R 50,000.00 liability per individual.  <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

On 11 October 2006, I was involved in a cycle accident on the way to Stellenbosch.  I was evacuated by ambulance to the Stellenbosch Medi-Clinic. 

As I have a Discovery Coastal Core medical plan, no claims could be made for expenses. 

Subsequently I processed a claim towards the Medical Expenses plan as included in the Sweatsafe ID.  Today I received confirmation that all they have reimbursed me with all the expenses excluding a small excess!

Therefore, the red strap around the ankle really works!

Regards,

casspir

That's great news. I put off buying one of those because of my comprehensive medical aid. I then found that Netcare911 do one, SMS for R5 to get your details loaded and Whammo!

I've also got one of those ER24 red jobbies. Took out the R100k plan and fortunately haven't as of yet put it to the test.