Polar CS400

Nancy Drew

I'm having a problem with my CS400 reading my heart rate intermittently.

I thought it might be the battery, so I replaced it this morning and it started out reading fine, but halfway through the ride it told me to check wearlink and then read my HR at 235 and then back to zero..

any ideas what could be causing this? All the other readings are fine i.e. speed, temp etc etc

i use gel on my heart rate strap that way i know that it doesnt get dry between the strap and my chest, i never have problems with my heart rate reading like tht while my friend who likes to use spit often has poor reading.

The gel i use is a soothing gel that i got from my LBS its blue.

Babe do you have a heart??????

* ok 2 door on the left' date=' just let me get my coat*

[/quote']

LOLLOL @ Samma.

ND does have a heart, a big one that pumps big blood to the muscles, no wonder she left me standing on the hill up at Delta Park this mornBig%20smile

* ok 2 door on the left' date=' just let me get my coat* [/quote']

LOLLOL @ Samma.

ND does have a heart, a big one that pumps big blood to the muscles, no wonder she left me standing on the hill up at Delta Park this mornBig%20smile

thanks KDEE, that's called 'fight or flight' I believe.. if I don't move up that hill I'm going to fall over!Wink

samma.... I'll deal with you later Big%20smile

i use gel on my heart rate strap that way i know that it doesnt get dry between the strap and my chest' date=' i never have problems with my heart rate reading like tht while my friend who likes to use spit often has poor reading.

The gel i use is a soothing gel that i got from my LBS its blue.

[/quote']

Thanks W_W... could you perhaps get me the name of the gel you use? so that I don't have to walk into my lbs and ask for "the blue soothing gel that Weekend_Warrior uses" Wink

would be much appreciated!

* ok 2 door on the left' date=' just let me get my coat* [/quote']

yep... it's in there somewhere Smile

ND, the gel wont help any if the sensors are clogged. Before spending cash on the goo, unclip the battery and hand wash the strap with some washing detergent and hot water, then rinse it out. I had the same problem with mine.  

Actually I had to replace my strap after suffering the same problem. That reminds me I must go and fetch said strap from LBS.

ND' date=' the gel wont help any if the sensors are clogged. Before spending cash on the goo, unclip the battery and hand wash the strap with some washing detergent and hot water, then rinse it out. I had the same problem with mine.  [/quote']

thanks dougaroony.. I have already washed it, no luck..

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedperhaps the washing machine wasn't the way to go LOLEmbarrassed

(although I had the problem before washing it)

damn.. so I might have to replace the strap hey?