HRMs / power / GPS

chris414

The edge 305 has some nice features that are not included in the 301 range, like a more sensitive satalite tracking, better elevation (barometer), and a display screen that shows the gradient already covered. (I have not tried some of the other features.) There is a "pacer" (great for time trials) and a route function available, also the ability to perprogramme places for lap time measurements on a route (so that you don't have to hit the lap button) and two cycle screens, with the option of up to eight data read outs-ergo the best wireless cyclo computer on the market.

Included is an advanced interval training based on HR, time and distance. There are three individual settings, one for each bike, which allows three diferent HR zone ranges to be on the device at the same time (for each bike or for the wifes setting as well?) THere are HR alarms and speed alarms. ext ext.

The RSA road maps comes bundled with the product.

All the software (on the device and the PC is upgraded regularly www.garmin.com).

Final piece of advice, take PbP's advice, download sporttracks from zonefivesoftware.com, and use it as your training logbook. It is simply the best available (even better than the excellent polar interface)

I downloaded sporttracks and hav been looking around motionbased (both look great) but i couldnt seem to get cadence to show on the graphs like hr, speed and time do. does it record your cadence while you ride for download to your computer or is it only to look at while you ride?