Received my new thingies while is RSA

Guest Big H

I received my Hope Mono 4 disks and XT Derraileurs and Shifter pods while in RSA. The new XT stuff looks awesome and with the faster shifting XRam does not have the advantage anymore. The rear derraileur looks much better as well. Also ordered a heap of spares and goodies inlcuding grease guns. I now have a gun for he PArk greae, one for the copper grease and one for the Manitou fork grease. Grand ne!!!!!!!

One problem though. I ordered braided hose with fittings but never checked the lenght of the hose. The hose was for half a bike and not a tandm. Fortunately my good frien ATTIE and Anton at Cycle House have now procured RED???!!!! braided hose and it will most likely fly via my good frind Fernando form Airlink to Beira. Mense ekke is ongedulig and the worm is now turning at full speed. I cannot wait to get everything on the bike to see how it works!!!!!

Just a question..... the lugs on the tandem are not large enough to handle the braided hose. Do I attach with zip ties or do I enlarge the diameter of the lugs????? Please help..... methinks Zip ties are the answer???????

Big H, al die bikes met disc brakes se hoses word vasgemaak met cable ties maar hulle word aan spesiale guides vasgemaak, nie net aan die frame nie. Dink nie daar sal 'n probleem wees nie, dink dit it maar net vir mooigeid.

The only problem fixing stuff directly to the frame is the movement against the frame may damage the paintwork.  Especially with suspension anywhere on the bike the hoses get pulled a frequently and the constant rubbing mixed with a bit of mud wears down paint pretty quickly.

I will use Zip ties with a small piece of double sided tape underneath as protection. The movement does not make sense Linnega because there is a large distance between the lugs. On cables you have those little round rubber thingies that also does not work as they work backwards untill they all sit together at the back of the cable.

I also spike to a friend..... he says if you make a double loop with the cable tie around the hose it acts as a spacer and secures the hose to the frame.

3pO,

You are offially apinted as my poofreader..... Thanx!!!!!!!