Cyclesphere (Dbn) are STARS

Charl van Wyk

I travelled up to <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Durban from Cape Town this weekend to participate in the Amashova. What I thought was going to be a great weekend away turned into an absolute nightmare.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We arrived at the airport an hour and a half before our 18H50 departure to be told ? oh didn?t anyone phone you? Your plane left already. The call centre was supposed contact you and inform you?

After about 30 minutes of banging my head against the proverbial brick wall our only option was the SAA 20H50 flight which we took, as walk was not an option.

Arrived safe and sound in Durbs, or so we thought. The following morning (09h00) went down to unpack the bike bag, took out the cut up pieces of pool noodle and bubble wrap to find that our friendly baggage handlers had managed to snap the right seat stay ( Carbon) clean in two.

Now I had to think quick and act fast if I wanted to ride the next day.

After unsuccessfully going through a few bike shops, Greg and his team at Cyclesphere turned an impossible situation into the best LBS experience of my life, within an hour I had a second hand frame ready to ride, fully fitted with all my goodies from the broken frame and a loaned rear break calliper as the new frame needed a larger calliper. Greg?s words, ?we will sort the calliper out later just go and enjoy your ride?.

Greg to you and your TEAM a huge thank you !!!

By the way SAA?s response at this point, ?as a gesture, as we do not accept liability, we will give you R2000.00?        

Chaser. Im glad things worked out for you at the end of the day. It just goes to show that there are still a few good people out there who are willing to go the extra mile.

Well done on CS!!!ClapClapClapClapClap

Well done to CS, SAA.... well what can one say!

Hard school fees, but maybe a hard shell bike case is in your future?

Thinking about it though, hard shell bike cases are not cheap and how many times a year is the average cyclist going to fly his bike in a year... Maybe an opportunity for an Lbs/hubber to start hiring out hard shell bike cases for round trips....

My experience with them has always been excellent and Greg always goes out of his way to help. One of the outstanding shops in Durban.

Just a pity they only carry one brand.