Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

Humming Bird - If he wants to be slow then there is little I can do about it. The only fast things Italians make are cars and klaps from Mamma if you mess with their daughters!

Os - please PM your officer's details. I will be in Europe next week so I can try see him. smiley2.gif.

Perhaps? smiley2.gif

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Agteros

AndyR249, you first need to run man !!!! hmm and Andrew is MY secret smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

Well I never!!! So SA TT Champs include running now? Need to get myself a good pair of running shoes then. Doubt I will get very far in cleats!

Guest Agteros
Well I never!!! So SA TT Champs include running now? Need to get myself a good pair of running shoes then. Doubt I will get very far in cleats!

Andy, the TT comment is in response to you wanting a TT bike, and the running comment is in response to you wanting the officer's number... unrelated, in fact...

Do yourself a favour and get a Tarmac SL3!

I have a pavemac B6R1CB. Does that count?

Andy' date=' the TT comment is in response to you wanting a TT bike, and the running comment is in response to you wanting the officer's number... unrelated, in fact...[/quote']

I know Os, was just making some jokes.

But I wouldn't mind a TT bike!!! smiley4.gif

I have actually been thinking of doing some running for awhile now. I need to do something for bones which cycling doesn't help much with. And I want to do the Zulu Fun Run sometime. Maybe twice. One up and one down.

Hey guys, Good racing to all of you doing the Argus. Hope it's a good race for you and your training helped with the prep for a PB.

Posted a topic under chit chat that no-one seems to be looking at.

For thos staying home likeme, have a good weekend and anyone out training, please doit safely. Remember, your cycling safety is in your  own hands. Lets's ee if we can have an accident-free weekend of cycling.

Guest Agteros
I have actually been thinking of doing some running for awhile now. I need to do something for bones which cycling?doesn't help much with. And I want to?do the Zulu Fun Run?sometime. Maybe twice. One up and one down.

Randburg Harriers hold a 5 AND 8km time trial every Thursday @ 17:45. Just put on your running shoes and pitch up and run. Everybody welcome. www.randburgharriers.co.za

Andy' date=' the human body is not designed to run as far as what they do in the ZFR as you call it.

Why don't you rather do the up event of the Amashova the day before the down race? - cycling.. plenty up hills, just up your alley [img']https://assets.bikehub.co.za/legacy_images/smilies/smiley2.gif[/img] Perfect excuse to go to SBR EVERY weekend!

Yeah, now theres a great idea Andy. Do back to back days of racing...of which the first is very hilly. Thats a great idea, and its a little like doing a stage race with back to back racing.

Guest Agteros
Yeah' date=' now theres a great idea Andy. Do back to back days of racing...of which the first is very hilly. Thats a great idea, and its a little like doing a stage race with back to back racing. [/quote']

www.amashova.co.za

The dates for 2010 will be as follows

Saturday 16th October

- Amashova UP ride (if you are keen to take part in this event then send your contact details to melissa @ amashovashova dot co dot za and we will contact you as soon as entries open)

Sunday 17th October - 106km and 38km road events

I believe there was heavy police presence on the Steps today...armed and on foot? Nice...good to see the Rossers are are aware and prepared to assist.

Thanks SAP...

Big up to the SAPS for that. May it continue to happen

Not much I can say about today except that it was a disastour from Smitswinkel home. Last 70 felt like 200.

VB was won in 3:04 or there about, the ladies that started with us did a 3:06 and me, I managed to brake last years record time, and even the 4 hrs smiley9.gif (Even bettered last years time by 1 min - slower that is)

Other ASGR team members made sure to fly th eflag high. Well done Pred and Andy!!

Maybe its time to hang up the bike and become a couch potato and ride the 94 for the year!

GReat. SAPS have finally woken up. Now the bike jackers will merely move elsewhere until the heat dies down and then come back again later.

SAPS need to catch the baskets, find out who the kingpin is behind all this bike jacking and close down the shop.

So gang, how was the weekend riding?

Trubes, sorry to hear you had a bad Argus. Shall we take up bowls? Maybe it'stime for the older farts to move over in favour of the young bucks.

GO might be one of the older ones among us, but then again, he always was a racing snake with a long pedigree.  

Trubie we still proud of you, next year there will be another Argus.

Besides you were on TV, we all checked you checking the ladies out smiley2.gif

Now you need to focus on the Wilro.

Slave, dude are you sick of being at home yet ?

I did the longest ride ever on Saturday, 137km and it was full of events.

There was a small crash just after the Lido split & I almost rode into one of the guys that fell.

Then there was a dog barking and for some reason the guys all put brakes while I continued and then had to apply brakes very quickly and I somehow managed to stay on the bike - thank GOD.

Also realized that there were a few intruders from the north in the group, so the Sandton intruder let out some air and being the nice guys that we are we waited for him.

Then came my braking point we turned into a head wind and me legs no longer wanted to go, so it was a solo 50km back home.

Sunday was just a short ride up a few hills which I manged better than I thought then home to watch the Elites finish the Argus.

Nah, Kid, Was hardly home at all yesterday.

Been very busy the past few weekends and starting to develop habits if not riding bikes. I seem to have got over the withdrawals now and not missing my bike at all.

Archived