New Years Day Hub Ride

Dibles

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20090104_125429_Resize_of_IMG_0.JPG

The following day we (who stayed the extra day) head off for an early morning jaunt.

20090104_125739_Resize_of_IMG_0.JPG

Should've brought the road bikes...

20090104_125953_Resize_of_IMG_0.JPG

The rain did leave some mud puddles to play in though.

20090104_130231_Resize_of_IMG_0.JPG

There was only one serious injury. Mark impaled himself on a stray nail sticking out somewhere along the obstacle course route.

Mrs slick was on hand with the ever present first aid kit and had him patched up before he could catch his breath.

There was only one serious injury. Mark impaled himself on a stray nail sticking out somewhere along the obstacle course route.

Mrs slick was on hand with the ever present first aid kit and had him patched up before he could catch his breath.

I do believe riding with Mr and Mrs Slick should come with a health warning. In fact some would go so far as to say that they break everyone who rides with them. Wink

Seriously, thanks guy's, it was a great couple of days. Clap

BTW - HR, I see you online again, I do believe you have a story to post on this thread. Ermm

I do believe riding with Mr and Mrs Slick should come with a health warning. In fact some would go so far as to say that they break everyone who rides with them. Wink

Seriously' date=' thanks guy's, it was a great couple of days. Clap

BTW - HR, I see you online again, I do believe you have a story to post on this thread. Ermm
[/quote']

Embarrassedit was a really surreal start to the new year, for sure! had a drunk cop drive into my car on the way to the ride. dude had the audacity to arrest me. luckily, one of his superiors could see what the state of him when we got to the cop shop, so i got let off with a huge apology.

Embarrassedit was a really surreal start to the new year' date=' for sure! had a drunk cop drive into my car on the way to the ride. dude had the audacity to arrest me. luckily, one of his superiors could see what the state of him when we got to the cop shop, so i got let off with a huge apology.
[/quote']

What a cr@ppy start to the year. Was it a traffic or SAP orifice?

Embarrassedit was a really surreal start to the new year' date=' for sure! had a drunk cop drive into my car on the way to the ride. dude had the audacity to arrest me. luckily, one of his superiors could see what the state of him when we got to the cop shop, so i got let off with a huge apology.
[/quote']

What a cr@ppy start to the year. Was it a traffic or SAP orifice?

sap. the oke could barely walk.

sap. the oke could barely walk.

You realise that you have an excellent opportunity to earn some money from the state. Sadly you have to make a deal with the devil , sorry I mean deal with a lawyer in the process.

Seriously' date=' thanks guy's, it was a great couple of days. Clap

[/quote']Yes we do have a bit of a reputation... On this occasion you were leading the ride though. Wink

We also enjoyed it immensely. We could have done without the storm on each night to keep us awake/destroy the gazebo/rip the cover off the tent though.

HR, that was a crappy start - hope your year improves.

That's a good question. I think we managed about 40kms but that includes some roads being ridden two three four multiple times. LOL

We were just searching for that brilliant section of bermed quadbike track. Us fast guys wanted to race it again. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Ok here is the quadbike track map..... errrr  fast second lap.

20090105_035834_Route1.JPG

Yip' date=' it is Cian. How do you know her?   [/quote'] She goes to my school.

Cool, you with B4S?

No, I,m not really into clubs. I prefer riding just with my dad.