Saturday Afternoon Ride

Moab

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

S2L...I'm having a laugh at Dash's expense here...but it went kinda like this...

Saturday morning he arrives at my place, I'm scoffing down my pre ride meal...I ask him if he has eaten and he replies "No...Should I have?"...see the problem?!

Dash...I'll bet that Bar One was the best tasting Bar One you have ever eaten? Even though it was from the roughest cafe this side of Lagos?!

LOL! It was a good Bar one... and the location it was bought was "interesting" to say the least... But like i said earlier.. this is int he afternoon.. i will eat.. ;). LOL. And ride... and ride.. and ride... and ride... Happy now S2L and GO2.0? :P

And thanks Di CPD, i appreciate not killing me.. ;). LOL.

I see the issue there dude. So you stopped at Klipriver on the way home then.?

Had a similar issue. We stopped at some little fella's cafe and all (and all and all) just the other side of Henley when we continued same ride. That place was about the same as that truck stop at Klipriver. Only difference was the water came out of a water tank so we declined that offer and decided to stop elsewhere.

But, we did buy coke and bar one's there. Lucky the coke's like sealed.

BTW, Dash not the only one. I was in such a hurry to leave home I forgot to eat my pre race meal. No wonder I was a leetle flat when I got home. Problemo is when I get that flat the inflator valve just don't work and wife can't inflate me.

Eat, ride, sleep. Nothing else matters.

Hat, coat, bye.

Hey Di. Been doing some thinking.

I will be up and about fair early on Sun to watch some of the guys and as yet have no fixed plans about what time I will kick off my long sunday ride. Propb'ly wait for most of the racers to get on their way and then follow some of the route before I turn off at Henley for the ride home. So the actual ride will be a bit later. I don't want to get in anyones way and unfortunately the routes around my area are fairly limited.

From Henley, we head west, past Boscos and then to Walkerville, before going up the lido hill, doing the hills of Columbine and then home from there. Like I said, prob'ly a ride of about 80 to 100 k's

Unless it rains, or some kindly soul donates a fast one ride entry to me.LOL

Fact is sometimes stranger than fiction. Agteros is injured (note how very sad I am. No really, I am, injuries are not lekker and I'm very sad for agteros. Doc says his quad is torn (and I though this was a bicylce race.  Would have though it would take a mechanic to diagnose a buggered quad.))

But I'm not sad for me because this fine gentleman has VERY KINDLY donated his entry to me. What a Star.

Thanks man and sorry DI, but I have a race to ride come Sunday. Now, I'll be up extra early to be at the start and go the whole hog.

What a bonus.

Yeeeeeee-haaaa. I haven't been so happy since I were a children (wait, it's never too late to have a happy childhood.)

Swear if I never had ears, the smile would go all the way round my head.

Slave2Love2009-01-23 02:49:40

Hmmm... hope the weather doesn't end up like it is now in sandton on our ride tomorrow... else we will be doing training for the midmar...

Good luck on Sunday S2L....

LOL But ride we must!! Need saddle time. If it rains I ride. Just a bit slower and with a flashy thing on my bike.

Thanks guys and sorry to rain on your ride, but I'm gonna get me some sadlle time come Sunday, all the way to the mealie curtain.

I figured if it was going to rain I would chicken out, but guess what? Come rain or shine, I there like a bear and ride is the outcome.

Dash, you got a spare life jacket there dude?

's my first fast one and I wonder how I'll cope and what soort of time I can manage? Will let y'all know Monday.

BTW, Dash, now I've pulled out you can chat awy to Di all you smaak dude. I'm off to race office to get me a ride number. Yeeeeeee-haaaaaa.

(Actually I'm not that exited. JUST A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN THAT.)

LOL! Go for it S2L... Sure it will be a good ride.

And only one life jacket... LOL. And thats my diving BCD.. LOL.

Thanks S2L... i will chat away... i'll leave the chaafing upto you.. :) LOL. :)

Have a good ride ...

Plan to dude, plan to. Going to go and get 40 gallons of energade an' start suiping myself into another blood group. Naartjie positive. 

Thing is, I wasn't aware of this whole thing until this mornig, so I went out and klapped a fast 48 yesterday arvie an' the legs aren't letting me forget it. Did that loop I do with the bunch on Sat AMs. Average 32.1 kp/h's. Man, what a ride but eish, the after effects. I was kinda hoping that the legs might not talk to me for a few days, but they got other plans. They nagging me more than Liewe Exie. (The ex Mrs. Slave.)

Plenty rest for me for the rest of the day and work for Mrs. Slave tonite. Need a good leg rub / massage TLC. Loads of that energy drink, Plenty cheesburgers and chips and a few peanut butter sarmies between meals, some very sweet tea and, oh ja, I nealry forgot bike prep.

Gotta make sure that 900 year old beast in the garage is up to dis-ting.

So Di' date=' Dash, how was your Saturday Ride.

Dash, you remember to eat, dude?LOL
[/quote']

Was a nice ride. Was worried about killing him. LOL Did about 50km.

Di. All that blood on your hands and the possible jail time. You wanna get Dash dead, just tell Mrs. Dash (GF) that he was riding with ya. She'll do the "work" for you and wipe him out.LOL

Glad you enjoyed the ride.

This weekend I'm going to try the faster bunch and try to work on speedand distance.

Yesterday, I had a complete rest and today, it's the hills again. Rest ride tomorrow and then the hills again on Thursday. Rest Friday and get my ass kicked in on Saturday with the faster of the two bunches. If I live to tell the tale, I'll post on Monday.

LOL Pity she could not join us for the ride.

Tomorrow is bike park for me - might commute so I can get there on time. Thurs is IDT, Fri another IDT day, Sat bike park and Sunday is the Fast One MTB.