Fast One : Disappointed

davidd

I don't enter races for a goodies bag, I enter races to have an organised and competitive ride that gets timed so I can improve my cycling by coming back the next year and doing a better time.

Did it deliver that for me? Hell yes.

Will I be back? Hell yes!

Don't want photos, goodies bag or any of that. That is all just unnecessary marketing clutter anyway.

I dont mind not getting a race pack' date=' But Please CAN WE COLLECT NUMBERS IN CENTURION AS WELL!!!!

[/quote']

I have to travel from Benoni to Fourways for number collection - its probably the same distance from Centurion. It sucks I know.  

You are complaining!!!!!!! I had to come from Ondjiva in Angola to get MY numbers!!!!! and then I became sick because of the dirty Gauteng air and I could not even take part....... I am about the ONLY person who has reason to be pissed off. Next year they must have number collections in Ondjiva as well. PS Ms Harford...... get your visas in time to do this please!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a thought here. Entry fee for the fast one was way less than the fee for the 94.7.

I haven't raced many times (2 X 94.7 and one fast one) so this is like just my opinion.

You pay more for race entries when you get a goodie bag.

So what you want, cheaper races or goodie bags that have all sorts of useless junk in them. Peronally, I had no use for the tampons I got in my last goodie bag. (Really, and I haven't even had a hystorectomy.)

The energy gums went to the kids, the wife zapped my sunscreen and I ended up with an empty bag.

So what? No goodie bag and a good ride. I'll take the ride any day. 

Dont think its quite the same thing S2L, goodie bags are sponsored and the 94.7 had full road closure. I'd rather pay a bit more and have a safer ride with road closure than pay a bit less and get a goodie bag. scotty2009-01-27 02:58:56

Did anyone see the sorry excuse for a shuttle?

The bikes were put on a trailer, leaning the bikes against each other to one side without any protection in between the bikes.  Poor guy who placed his bike on the trailer first. Probably needs a new paint job..

Interesting point there Scotty.

Do we pay bigger money for full road closure and less for parital road closure?

I'm inclined to think that despite the "sponsorship" on goodie bags, that one pays for them.

I'm also inclined to believe that the more poular races will charge more for entry fees and they have little choice but to have full road closure. Also the goodie bags are another way of advertising and if it's a popular event like the highveld or the argus, that getting free samples from people advertising their wares can't be that difficult.

I agree that it was not a perfect race in many ways, but I never had any hassles at all. I thought itwas reasonably well organsed and executed and I had a great time doing it.

I will be back to do it again.

This rating showed the race to be less than what it was and with only ten votes, I don't think a true reflection of the race.

Maybe some of you want to go and rip it apart, or give it the thumbs up depending on your personal experience.

Give the orgaisers something to think about.

Hell, maybe we just p!ss them off and the race dies an ugly death. No 2010 fast one. Instead we all get to go to the soccer with some other bunch of yobos and hooglians.

Personally,I'd rather get re-married to "Liewe Exie" again.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to solve the dilema facing us!

a) We are all licensed so why can't we get a permanent race number with our licence that we use for races?

b) To enter a race, why can't organisers have someone checking licences  against paid entries. No licence, no entry into starting pens.

c) If organisers want their own numbers why can't they email them and we sort out printing thereof.

I'm pretty sure it would save a lot of money which the organisers could then pass onto competitors. The less the entry fees, more entries and greater value for sponsors.

I think I'm going to enter the 'Mr Common Sense 2009 competition'