Guateng Group Hub Ride

Slave

I'm keen on a ride at Groenies too.

Excuse my ignorance.  Where is Groenies??

Sorry...Groenkloof Nature Reserve. Near Unisa.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

talking about groenies. does anyone know the name of the group that organised the night ride? talking of which, anyone heard from my fellow hubbing and beer-drinking night-rider? kritzie, wa's je?

Thanks Mandy' date=' looks cool I have never cycled at Groenkloof.[/quote']

you won't regret it. beaut singletrack. cool to see some wildlife out on the trails.

if you're there on sunday, look out for a dad and two kids kids on a trio of giants. say hi if you do. we're taking a bunch of peeps who do the lbs social ride out for a coupla laps. mandibles, will you be there?

if you're there on sunday' date=' look out for a dad and two kids kids on a trio of giants. say hi if you do. we're taking a bunch of peeps who do the lbs social ride out for a coupla laps. mandibles, will you be there?[/quote']

I will be if you invite me Big%20smileWink

Amateur asked me to post these pics, just some of the pet food collected for FORA at the last Gauteng Hub ride!

20090128_021323_12092008_Small.jpg

20090128_021532_12092008003_Sma.jpg

...me please, can I also come. This is the only time I can ride my bike and not get left behind, like most my racesEmbarrassed

If you feel we need marshals, I can also marshal, and if we need a back-up bus, I can also ask Gary to help.

if you're there on sunday' date=' look out for a dad and two kids kids on a trio of giants. say hi if you do. we're taking a bunch of peeps who do the lbs social ride out for a coupla laps. mandibles, will you be there?[/quote']

I will be if you invite me Big%20smileWink

you're invitedBig%20smilewill sms you when i find out times and fings.

...me please' date=' can I also come. This is the only time I can ride my bike and not get left behind, like most my racesEmbarrassed[/quote']

but you and me are pretty good at leaving other peeps behindLOLask hogLOL

you're invitedBig%20smilewill sms you when i find out times and fings.

YAY! Looking forward to it Big%20smile

Let's set a date for the Groenies Hub Ride.  I'll gladly take control of the slower group. I know that place well and we can take shortcuts and meet up with the fast group at various points.

Bliksem, you guys been busy (and that includes the angels too.

I post a topic, take a coupla sick days (battling a case of Bronchitis) and this topics has runs to seven pages.

Wolverine, you suggestedI make a few proposals: Dude, I would love to, but being a noob, it's kinda difficult for me. I only know ther routes in and around my area but here goes my best shot.

Why not plan a late season ride when most of the racing is out of the way and we are all still reasonbly fit?

I have no idea where Groenies is because my only  knowledge of Gorenies is Groendakkie that I pob'ly should be an inmate of.

Therefor I would likely suggest a weekend at Suikerboschrand if the oke can MTB there. That way we can do prawns, beer and all sorts of other activities for family, friends and groupies (for those who have them). Have a lekker ride and include our nearest and dearest.

Please feel free to shoot this idea down, but it's kinda the best thing I can think of in my current feverish antibiotic drug induced haze.

Bliksem' date=' you guys been busy (and that includes the angels too.

I post a topic, take a coupla sick days (battling a case of Bronchitis) and this topics has runs to seven pages.

Wolverine, you suggestedI make a few proposals: Dude, I would love to, but being a noob, it's kinda difficult for me. I only know ther routes in and around my area but here goes my best shot.

Why not plan a late season ride when most of the racing is out of the way and we are all still reasonbly fit?

I have no idea where Groenies is because my only  knowledge of Gorenies is Groendakkie that I pob'ly should be an inmate of.

Therefor I would likely suggest a weekend at Suikerboschrand if the oke can MTB there. That way we can do prawns, beer and all sorts of other activities for family, friends and groupies (for those who have them). Have a lekker ride and include our nearest and dearest.

Please feel free to shoot this idea down, but it's kinda the best thing I can think of in my current feverish antibiotic drug induced haze.
[/quote']

We're going ahead with the Groenies ride. Just trying to pick a date. (Hopefully 15 March Big%20smile). Directions are here: http://www.tshwane.gov.za/groenkloof.cfm