supersportcycles

paulvs

Have you had good warrantee's from supersportcycles?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had good warrantee's from supersportcycles?

• YES
    • NO

And here are the products:

allay

topeak

ergon

met

selle italia

sportourer

hutchinson

sapim

gigantex

mark II

3t

gist

I've had two occasions where they are just not forthcoming on any sort of warrantee - just need to know if other hubbers experience the same problems...

paulvs2009-02-10 02:38:59

Bought a Moonshine HID from them. It never started easily,

but was OK when it did. I then sent it in when it really

started to annoy me.

They changed the globe and sent it back with exactly the

same problem! They charged me R900 for a new globe as

that's not under warranty. This was after 4 months.

I then sent it back stating the problem had not been fixed.

They then replaced the starter which solved the problem for

R200. That's also not under warranty (I don't think anything is).

When I told them I had already paid them R900 for a new globe

that wasn't required, I was told "tough". I managed to get

out of paying the R200, but they refused to refund me the R700

difference.

My LBS was fantastic, though. Merlyn at Dunkeld Cycles felt

so sorry for me (and also, I think, embarrassed at having sold

me the cr@p), he charged me cost.

However, I have a Topeak minipump which is frikkin' fantastic.

I haven't had to warranty it, tho'...

Have had brilliant service a couple of times on Topeak products. Pump and mudguards.Clap

what was the problems on your items?

They replace any problem rim with me without quibbling. They don't even see the rims beforehand and trust me when I say an eyelet is faulty.

On the other hand, I've hand one very strange problem where they gave me incorrect data for their rims which lead to a huge mess with hundreds of spokes now with the wrong length etc etc. They refused to a) understand the problem and b) acklowledge the screw-up.

Your bulb problem is unfortunate though and seems to fall firmly in the latter category.

Have had brilliant service a couple of times on Topeak products. Pump and mudguards.Clap

1. Mini Blaster Pump - Lever snapped. Now this pump is about 7 years old. Sent it in to see what could be done. They found a grey one (mine is black) and fitted free of charge.

2. Full mud guard front - The clip that screws under the fork crown snapped. Was tol to send all the pieces in. Received a brand new complete mud guard. Not just the broken piece.

Both times my repairs were done in a couple of days through my LBS. I did speak to supersportcycles directly and not the LBS.

Anybody knows whether they may have two 40 hole DRC ST19 rims in stock????? ...... or anybody else which have these rims in stock?????

1. Mini Blaster Pump - Lever snapped. Now this pump is about 7 years old. Sent it in to see what could be done. They found a grey one (mine is black) and fitted free of charge.

2. Full mud guard front - The clip that screws under the fork crown snapped. Was tol to send all the pieces in. Received a brand new complete mud guard. Not just the broken piece.

Both times my repairs were done in a couple of days through my LBS. I did speak to supersportcycles directly and not the LBS.

I had a problem with my mud guard - bracket cracked - no crash or any bumps etc ... wants me to pay for replacement.