GT Zaskar

Pretma00

Well I just got the 2008 model which is just about the same and im so pleased with the quality of the ride and the part spec its not even funny.

The bike just feels right, xt brakes offer power but great modulation and the 100mm fox has saved my ass quite a few times and is buttery smooth.  The xt parts with xtr shifters shift effortlessly and more than one gear at a time.  Just go tubeless and toss those kendas for something like a geax mezecal or any light and fast dry tyre you can run on low pressures.

You can really feel the carbon working on bumpy, jittery roads as it sucks up the vibrations.  My medium frame gives me nice clearance in the cocpit so I can shift my weight around and corner well on singletrack.  Being quite light the bike climbs like a goat as well, I often find myself climbing in the middle ring!

DO IT !!! You wont regret it.  The frame is not the lightest at 1,2kg medium but is allot stronger than other carbon frames (or so GT says).  Burry had great succes on one so I think its super for us mere mortals hehe.

Enjoy and remember you'll need to keep some cash for future bling upgrades hehehe LOL

I bought the 2008 Expert about a month and a half ago, same frame with lower specs, and I'm loving it. You can't go wrong.

And it's a beautiful bike!!!