Thats not right !

NURRIE

They will need to take up a new strategy pretty soon... With so many new staged race events raising the bar and new ones popping up many an amateur rider will rather pay and train for the afordable events.

The epic will always be expensive and a unique experience because it attract the best in the world and their sponsors will pay. I do believe that they are going to start losing the money stream coming from the amateur riders. Just the cost of your time on training and the event itself is well over 100k.

Nothing beats a good challange, but the epic isnt the only one out there and other international races look very good. (Return)* ticket to europe costs R4500 - changeing your rider id costs R8500 - mmm Confused

Mellow2009-03-05 06:26:35

So that leaves me with BOGEROL If i dont get someone then we loose our cash we paid... Soes die coulerds se hulle mase week se wages !!! Hulle gan sien.... 

if they are outrightly screwing you, get a lawyer involved. you will probable be able to get your entry fees back if you are unable to participate..

I sit and shake my head when I hear..."but to have completed the Epic..wow..sumthing special" ..Dead..yeah so is a trip up killi, a boys weekend trip to bangkok or even a quick trip to Machu Pichu in Peru...Spare me...FFS...

I always thought I wanted to do the epic - and then one day I read the rules on their website.  Not a chance would I support them!

It was bad enough I paid my R250 sub for Duzi Mfula and they didn't even bother to change the riders details!

'I rode the epic it was so special'...hahaha, special cause you survive the wallet shock....