What do you think about this bike?

ASTANA

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www2.merida-bikes.com/en_ZA/public/tmp/c9a5857cdb3dd2f6c0df5c3e5232d1bb.pnghttp://www2.merida-bikes.com/en_ZA/public/tmp/12e9f097dc479c19564bd56d5d947956.png

http://www2.merida-bikes.com/en_ZA/public/tmp/62eabfbc63d756cf03500ad441bb24c1.pnghttp://www2.merida-bikes.com/en_ZA/public/tmp/db9e20eb23fd33604ff81412ac8005a1.pnghttp://www2.merida-bikes.com/en_ZA/public/tmp/e7322bf9f1e3cb61840e49a28b78bc4b.pnghttp://www2.merida-bikes.com/en_ZA/public/tmp/20795491e6eede24989f28ca6e77db9b.png

SPEEDS

SIZES

16-18-20-22

COLOR

White/black

FRAME

Matts HFS XC Comp-Disc-single

FORK

Manitou R7 Super Air 80 Absolute

BB SET

attached

BRAKE LEVERS

Shimano M575

BRAKES F/R

Shimano M575 Disc 180/160 mm

CHAIN

Shimano CN-HG73

CHAINWHEEL

Shimano XT 44-32-22

DERAILLEURS F/R

Shimano XT/Shimano XT Shadow

FREEWHEEL

Shimano CS-HG61-9 11-34

BAR END

Merida SuperLite

GRIP

LOCK Ring Single

HANDLEBAR

FSA XC 180OS Flat 600

STEM

FSA OS-XT

HEADSET

BB410 Neck

HUBS F/R

Shimano XT centerlock

PEDALS

Shimano M520

RIMS

DT X445 disc

SADDLE

Prologo Nago

SEAT CLAMP

Merida Aero 35 QR ST

SEATPOST

FSA SL-250 SB25 31.6

SHIFTER F/R

Shimano XT rapidfire

TIRE F/R

Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 Kevlar

BELL

YWS-Alloy

I want to upgrade and get something Mid-top range but cant justify a carbon frame because I'm a roadie, so I'm willing to spend much more on a road bike.

Mtb is for cross training/having fun and racing in the winter

depends on how much but there is nothing wrong with it.

I see it even comes with a bell.

Its R16K bike - 08 model. Have no Idea what the

"bell" is' date=' was on the website
[/quote']

Good bike but I wouldnt pay 16k for it. I think there is better value out there.

[/quote']

Good bike but I wouldnt pay 16k for it. I think there is better value out there.

Why not (reasons) - what would you buy then?

Nice bike but 16k is wayyy too much

U can get a 1-2yr old decent dual sus for that price

Or u could buy a similar specced slightly used alu hardtail for at least half of R16k

I know there are some people that are sceptical about buying used bikes but just be more careful and u can save lots of R's

[/quote']

Price fixing or not I personally dont think I could bring myself to fork out 16k for an XT specced ally hardtail. Dont get me wrong, I think this is a very sensible machine and will serve you well.

I havent shopped for bikes for a while but I would think that 12-13k would be a bit more appropriate. Might be wrong but thats my opinion.

Merida is a great bike but if I was faced with saving 3k to get a Raleigh instead I would go Raleigh.

I do ride a top end full sus and paid the same price for it used a year ago. Full XTR.

Dont want Dual - dont like it. This bike is brand new, well speced full XT and very nice shock. Had a second hand bike now for 2 years - want to upgrade.

Dont want Dual - dont like it. This bike is brand new' date=' well speced full XT and very nice shock. Had a second hand bike now for 2 years - want to upgrade. [/quote']

Fair enough but just shop around.

[/quote']

Price fixing or not I personally dont think I could bring myself to fork out 16k for an XT specced ally hardtail. Dont get me wrong, I think this is a very sensible machine and will serve you well.

I havent shopped for bikes for a while but I would think that 12-13k would be a bit more appropriate. Might be wrong but thats my opinion.

Merida is a great bike but if I was faced with saving 3k to get a Raleigh instead I would go Raleigh.

I do ride a top end full sus and paid the same price for it used a year ago. Full XTR.

What Raleigh would you buy with Full XT ? All the new bikes are so crappy speced - it crazy.

Dont want Dual - dont like it. This bike is brand new' date=' well speced full XT and very nice shock. Had a second hand bike now for 2 years - want to upgrade. [/quote']

Fair enough but just shop around.

No, thanx for the info man, just saying. I don't like shopping arround and if I buy from this LBS I know that I will get service with him. He has been really good to me and will alway help out.

Would pay more to buy new from a shop, than to buy 2nd hand and sit with the problems afterwards. Remember most people sell because there is something bothering them. not a lot just sell to upgrade

I think if you are paying a premium on a bike to get service from your LBS you are coming up short. There are plenty of shops out there who can get you a good deal and give you the best of service.

If it was me I would find the same bike's price at a few other shops and compare. ASk the guy why the same bike costs more. Assuming that is the case which is not what I am saying here.