CAT EYE STRADA CADENCE BIKE COMPUTER

wannabesub3

Confused Not really a technical question more a pricing one, the last STRADA I bought cost me around R550-00 Not to long ago actually, visited a bike shop today to get one for the Wifes bike and they want R1100-00...... Is this normal?

Can anybody tell me what the srp on these computers should be?

• 1 month later...

Damn that is expensive. I'm also looking at getting one, but haven't seen any prices yet.

Just don't buy STRADA with wires

I don't have the cadance one, but have the original white wired STRADA as well as the wireless STRADA.

The wired one I've had replaced twice due to pick up issues with the wires and I've given up on those flimsy wires

The wireless unit works very well though

Two years ago I bought the Sigma computer that has the cadence function. Cant remember what I paid. Fantastic product. Wireless. I mainly use it when I am on the trainer. Only "bad" thing is the rubber bands you need to use to fasten the sensor to the fork. When cycling on a bumpy road the sensor tends to move towards the spokes. I only use it on the trainer and use a Cat Eye when doing road.

How much did the Strada wireless cost you slowtwitch? If you don't mind me asking. :)

I just came across this: Strada Double Wireless which measures cadence too.

mikkelz2009-05-12 04:03:35

Sorry can't help, both mine is without cadence

I bought the wireless STRADA on ebay and saved about R200 over LBS (I think with shipping was about R450). I think with current exchange rate you might save even more - very nice unit though.

But as I said, stay away from the strada's flimsy wires

Cateye Strada Wireless should not  be so expensive,double check with your dealer .

rgds sm

coolheat.co.za