TT Rules

slowtwitch

Where can I find the rules re TT in SA i.e. saddle/ BB distance, saddle to handlebar drop, aspect ratio's, etc

For Ironman there's no such rules and I ride very steep and very low in front, so I'm not sure it's legal for road TT's

And please don't refer me to UCI. I don't want to read 500 pages for the 2 relevant paragraphs

O yes and I can't read french Tongue

Thanx

forearms must be horisontal, flat when on bars

tip of saddle 5cm behind centre of BB

anything else or must i cut/paste the uci stuff?

The rider shall normally assume a sitting position on the bicycle. This position requires that

the only points of support are the following: the feet on the pedals, the hands

on the handlebars and the seat on the saddle.

A bicycle shall not measure more that 185 cm in length and 50 cm in width overall

The peak of the saddle shall be a minimum of 5 cm to the rear of a vertical plane passing through

the bottom bracket spindle (1). This restriction shall not be applied to the bicycle ridden by a rider in

a track sprint event, keirin, 500 metres or 1 kilometre time trials; however, in no circumstances

shall the peak of the saddle extend in front of a vertical line passing through the bottom bracket

spindle.

(1)

The distances mentioned in footnote (1) to articles 1.3.013 and 1.3.016 above may be reduced

where that is necessary for morphological reasons. By morphological reasons should be understood

everything to do with the size and limb length of the rider

The saddle support shall be horizontal. The length of the saddle shall be 24 cm minimum and

30 cm maximum.

(text modified on 1.01.03).

b) Weight

The weight of the bicycle cannot be less than 6.8 kilograms

For road time trials and the following track

events: individual and team pursuit, kilometre and

500 m a

fixed extension may be added to the steering system; in this instance, only a

position where the forearm is in the horizontal plane is permitted.

The distance

between the vertical line passing through the bottom bracket axle and the extremity of the handlebar

may not exceed 75 cm, with the other limits set in article 1.3.022 (B,C,D) remaining

unchanged. Elbow or forearm rests are permitted (see diagram ?Structure (1B