Advice please... Felt Q620 or Avalanche AX 575

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these bikes...

Felt looks as if it has the better frame, but that's only because I can't find any info on the Avalanche frame.

Avalanche

has better componentry (M485 discs v Tektro Auriga Comp; 9spd Deore v

8spd Deore; Octalink Crank v OEM SR Suntour Pressed steel jobbie; SR

Suntour XCR fork v XCM - both 100mm with L/O; )

If the frames

were the same, I'd go for the Avalanche. I know they've been around for

a while, and are brought in by Giant... does anyone have anything to

report on the quality of the frames? The Avalanche comes in at R 400

less than the Felt, even with the better components. I just wonder if

there's that much difference in frame quality of the Felt to warrant

the increased price, or if it's all just down to the name...

cptmayhem2009-03-24 12:08:02

I was riding an avalanche 3 disc before i upgraded to my new bike. I still actually have it if you looking for something 2nd hand. I loved the avalanche. The only reason i never kept it as an upgrade is because it never had hydraulic brakes and by the time everything would have been said and done with an upgrade, i could have bought a new bike. So thats what i did:) The GT is a rock solid frame, some would say a touch too rock solid as it can be a bit bumpy. But looking at the specs id go for the GT, its a beteer base to start off from if/when u upgrade. Let me know if u keen on my old bike!

I had a Felt Q720 untill recently, and rode a friends gt avelanche... As far as frames go, the Felt is miles ahead on the trail, handles 10 times better. In my opinion, go for the felt, you can update the componentry as you feel you need to... Brilliant bikes though, hub the trail like nothing else.

sorted - I'm getting the Felt, the missus is getting the Avalanche.

Agents have no more Large Avalanches, only Small, hence decision.

I also prefer the frame of the Felt - looks prettier to me, and I can always upgrade from there...

Just priced a full SRAM x9 conversion (front, rear and shifters), with FSA cranks (External BB included), braided hoses, new 9 speed SRAM cassette & chain from CRC - comes in at R3800 ex VAT...

Dollar signs ringing up aready...