Comments on Scott

keith

Hey guys I'm doing research into hardtails and the Scott Scale 40 is standing out to me. Any comments from guys that have ridden the bike?

20090326_001323_scott.jpg

ive got the Scale 20 (2007) and im really impressed considering that its one of the lightest frames around , but it depends what price you would be paying for this bike , because the new Scales are a bit pricey

Thanks Bert, the 2009 price is R15K, so no not cheap. Was hoping to find a second hand one or something very similar.

I just bought a Scott Scale 30. It's a BEAST. I LOVE my Scott. Only good things to say about this brand. Definitely recommend it. Great geometry for climbing.

Keith i rode a scott two years ago and really cant complain it has the right geometry for racing snakes and handles well on technical downhills and has a good component spec for the price but if you looking for decent spec at a better price my choice would be merida or GT

Get hold of Crown Cycles in Cape Town, dont think anyone can beat their prices on Scott Bicycles.

021-671 6382

Speak to Gary
carlo_sg2009-03-26 02:22:37

i just checked the site for the specs

if u take into account what the fox shock on its own you would pay up to 9K just for that so mabye its not such a bad price

Where did you see it for 15K?

@Kent: do you know the price of the scale 40 by you?

@turtlek: I have looked at all of them on the web, but will check them out in person this weekend.

Thanks guys for the advice!

Keith i rode a scott two years ago and really cant complain it has the right geometry for racing snakes and handles well on technical downhills and has a good component spec for the price but if you looking for decent spec at a better price my choice would be merida or GT

i agree i raced with a zaskar expert 2007 and then last year raced with the 2008 , even although my scott frame is second hand and older the geometry is much beter for racing its top tube is a bit shorter so great for cross country

I won't buy Scott again , esp if you live near the sea, for me the bottom line about Scott is, their fast bikes but they don't last cosmetically . My ex Scott corroded faster than any of the other bike brands I owned. 

Bridge Cycles in cape town has a scale 30 (carbon frame ) they letting go for about R16k, it has mostly xt spec etc....I think its a medium and a 2006/2007 model. Speak to FeizalWink

My first MTB was a scott, i then had a anthem, switched to giant xtc and now i ride scale 10. In my opinion nothing comes close the the scott. It is amazing what geometry does to ride experience. All the bikes (except for 1st scott) had top of the line components so it def is the frame that makes the diff. Cant go wrong with scott. Just pitty that they price themselves completely out of the market