White Leather and Mud

TooManyMatts

Hi

I want to get a white Selle Italia Maxflite Gel Flow seat   for my mountain bike.

Where I live there is a lot of mud and I'm worried that the seat is going to get dirty and stay dirty.

So my question is whether white leather seats are a stupid idea for MTB?

Matt

what do you mean by that?

I was asking if the leather will get stained and look crap with all the riding in mud?

So my question is whether white leather seats are a stupid idea for MTB?

Sorry, i only look at function.

I think it might Matt.  I would keep white saddles for road biking, but that's just me personally

It wont stain. But the white selle italia saddles scuff very easy. I had one on a roadbike and after a few months the white started coming of leaving only grey leather patches.

It wont stain. But the white selle italia saddles scuff very easy. I had one on a roadbike and after a few months the white started coming of leaving only grey leather patches.

That happens to me as well , I thought its was my riding style

Same happened with my Selle Italia SLR XP seat... I have a black one and it is turnig grey from the scuff marks.

It looks crap, but at least people can see that I am riding my bike  Wink

Despite the scuff problem it is a great seat - I use it on both my Road and MTB.

I would love to just buy a black one but chair reaction cycles does't have stock. That is why i am looking at the white ones.

Where else on the net can you buy cheap components? I have tried in vain to find another site with black seats in stock...

Thanks for all the input. The reason I want THIS seat in particular is that I have tried it and its feaking awesome.