Seth Rotherham Interview - [From the Couch]

pererace70

*Updated with a link to Part 2 and quicker loading videos*

I know how much you all LOVE Seth Rotherham and 2OceansVibe, so I thought I'd post the link to the interview we had with him today on From the Couch.

Check it out:

Part 1

http://www.from-the-couch.com/post.cfm/title/interview-with-seth-rotherham-part-1

Part 2

http://www.from-the-couch.com/post.cfm/title/interview-with-seth-rotherham-part-2

Drop a comment, but please no hate comments guys, that's silly - we're a web blog.

pererace702009-05-06 08:08:44

Was cool' date=' try and sort the audio out though. Reverb picked up on the echoe.[/quote']

Yeah, our viewers do bring that up from time to time, but that's the best room we have in terms of acoustics.

Plus budget limits us to a regular camcorder with no mic input (#FAIL) but for the most part our shows are fine.

That said, the apeal of From the Couch is also that we're proving it doesn't cost a trillion rand to host an online show. It just requires effort, really.

haha... twitter freak... you #FAIL isnt going to help much on thehubsa...

Ha ha ha! But I do remember #FAIL being around before Twitter? Including the hash symbol that is....

And yes, I am on Twitter, how else do you market an online video show!?

Was cool' date=' try and sort the audio out though. Reverb picked up on the echoe.[/quote']

Yeah, our viewers do bring that up from time to time, but that's the best room we have in terms of acoustics.

Plus budget limits us to a regular camcorder with no mic input (#FAIL) but for the most part our shows are fine.

That said, the apeal of From the Couch is also that we're proving it doesn't cost a trillion rand to host an online show. It just requires effort, really.

Ah ok, low budget tip... plants, plenty of them. Especially near windows, doorways and open spaces, really helps soften your reverb. This also helps if you don't have a directional mic.

I like it, you're so right. All it takes is the same application of production values and you can get away with a much smaller budget, especially on equipment costs.

The new HD camcorders from Canon are incredible and really well priced.

Good luck with your show.

haha... twitter freak... you #FAIL isnt going to help much on thehubsa...

Ha ha ha! But I do remember #FAIL being around before Twitter? Including the hash symbol that is....

And yes' date=' I am on Twitter, how else do you market an online video show!?
[/quote']

im just pulling your leg. i follow you on twitter Wink

Ah ok' date=' low budget tip... plants, plenty of them. Especially near windows, doorways and open spaces, really helps soften your reverb. This also helps if you don't have a directional mic.

I like it, you're so right. All it takes is the same application of production values and you can get away with a much smaller budget, especially on equipment costs.

The new HD camcorders from Canon are incredible and really well priced.

Good luck with your show.
[/quote']

Thanks for the tips DD, small issue (I think) - the room IS my brother's cottage, so blocking the place up may not be the best idea, but I'll see what we can do...

I do think an HD Camera is a bit of an overkill for Webcasting, since we gotta keep the video sizes down anyway.

im just pulling your leg. i follow you on twitter Wink

I know Embarrassed, wasn't really having a go.

PS. If anyone's trying to view the video and it's not working, give it five minutes peeps. Server's misbehaving in a big way today!