• Shock: Fox DHX RC4
  • Fork: Boxxer World Cup
  • Wheels: DT Swiss FR 2050
  • Tyres: Scwhalbe Big Bettey 2.4s
  • Brakes: Avid Code (203mm F&R)
  • RD & Shifter: SRAM X0 10sp
  • Cranks: Truvatic Descendant
  • Chain Guide: C-Sixx carbon
  • Bars: Truvativ Boo Bars (replacing with Renthals)
  • Stem: Truvativ Holzfeller Direct Mount

EDIT: Hipster style Instagram pic added... cos I'm cool like that :lol:

that thing is HOT. :drool: Is it staying like that for Morzine?

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

Mostly staying the same.

only changes are as follows:

• Renthal Fatbar 780mm wide 10mm rise bars
  • 300lb spring for the RC4 (the 200 it has on is too soft)
  • 11-28T 10sp at the back. The current cassette (11-23T) is more for racing than for riding the entire day up and down hills
  • Maybe switch out the chainring (38T) for a 36T for the same reason as above

And then possibly switching the wheels with my other DH bike. I'm trying to decide bewteen the DT's and the Spank's (as you can see in this poll, which no one is voting on :lol: ). I'm leaning towards the Spikes but still not 100%

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all - I can proudly join the ranks of a Morewood owner as i have just taken ownership of a previously loved, well looked after Zula from @shaneC. Took it for a ride yesterday and it was incredible! My first 2x10 too, and am pleasantly pleased with.

post-7169-0-67547200-1343638696.jpg

Hi all - I can proudly join the ranks of a Morewood owner as i have just taken ownership of a previously loved, well looked after Zula from @shaneC. Took it for a ride yesterday and it was incredible! My first 2x10 too, and am pleasantly pleased with.

post-7169-0-67547200-1343638696.jpg

Welcome to the bicycle gang!

Thanks!

Mostly staying the same.

only changes are as follows:

• Renthal Fatbar 780mm wide 10mm rise bars
  • 300lb spring for the RC4 (the 200 it has on is too soft)
  • 11-28T 10sp at the back. The current cassette (11-23T) is more for racing than for riding the entire day up and down hills
  • Maybe switch out the chainring (38T) for a 36T for the same reason as above

And then possibly switching the wheels with my other DH bike. I'm trying to decide bewteen the DT's and the Spank's (as you can see in this poll, which no one is voting on :lol: ). I'm leaning towards the Spikes but still not 100%

So here is Mildred with her upgrades

http://img.tapatalk.com/c4d29a19-50df-5cc8.jpg

post-10758-13436393049359.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My Shova St the day I got it. Have since swapped out the Bar for a wider Blackspire, got rid of the SDG and the awful monorails that I was conned into buying and changed to a 2x9 drivetrain. Bike bought in 2007 and still rides like a dream.

In my neck of the woods I am the only one who has a Morewood. Otherwise it is the usual Spec, Giant & Scott big wheel brigade.

Full spec:

Dt EXC 150 Fork

I-9 Enduro Wheelset (The Best !!)

Formula The One Brakes (GM Editions :thumbup: )

All the rest Sram and Truvativ

Blackspire Big Slim Flats.

post-23573-0-30519300-1344338852.jpg

Guest Omega Man

My Shova St the day I got it. Have since swapped out the Bar for a wider Blackspire, got rid of the SDG and the awful monorails that I was conned into buying and changed to a 2x9 drivetrain. Bike bought in 2007 and still rides like a dream.

In my neck of the woods I am the only one who has a Morewood. Otherwise it is the usual Spec, Giant & Scott big wheel brigade.

Full spec:

Dt EXC 150 Fork

I-9 Enduro Wheelset (The Best !!)

Formula The One Brakes (GM Editions :thumbup: )

All the rest Sram and Truvativ

Blackspire Big Slim Flats.

Dude that thing is sexy as hell.

Rookie, fantastic sand colour scheme for a Windhoek bike. Mostly rockyish singletrack in the hills (crater rim) around Windhoek?

Plenty of snakes in summer, after rains when the green grass is tall?

Yeah mostly rockyish, a lot like riding on ball bearings as there is a lot of loose gravel around. More snake bites to tyres than snakes :wacko:

Thnx Omega man. Toying with the idea of changing it to 650b. Know of anyone with a Shova that has done that yet ?

Thnx Omega man. Toying with the idea of changing it to 650b. Know of anyone with a Shova that has done that yet ?

there was one on mtbr some a year or 2 back... before the 650B craze started... if I find the article I'll PM the link to you

EDIT: I found the thread. The guy has taken the pics off...

but he was running an X-Fusion Vengeance HLR (150mm) fork.

Not sure if your DT Swiss' bridhe will have the clearance for the bigger wheels?!

Guest Omega Man

Don't change it. Just get a 650b wheelset. My one mate has a Pivot Firebird and is getting a 650b wheelset with 2.1 tires. When he want's to smile the 26inchers go on. When he want's to grimace the 650b's go on.

Thx. Checked a some images of a pacenti stateside that had a dt fork similar to mine. And two guys here are running 650s on their hardtails with dt forks. Lucky for me I don't have mud issues here. Think the main issue will be limited tread selection as the closest to what I like is the nevegal which I am not so fond of.

Patches whens D-Day for your alps safari ?

tomorrow. Fly out at 14:10 :D

There will be 3 Morewoods in our group (all makulus) :thumbup:

Archived