XTR RD??

gongmech

A rapid rise rests on the large sprocket. It is easier for your tension in the gear cable to move it to a smaller sprocket. Spring moves it back up on to the bigger sprocket. This is the same as low normal. Normal position is the low gear/big sprocket."Which RD starts/resting position at the small sprocket at the back and moves up the cluster with a push on the thumb...?" HIGH NORMALAnother nice thing about running RR derailleur with dual control is that both shifters work in the same way. Click up for an easier gear and down for a more difficult gear.
More education for dummies...Is the correct RD for what we are talking about...http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9735

?

YESBig%20smile

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but RD M751 is a conventional Rear mech ie not Rapid Rise, you need to look for RDM750 or RDM760 if you want XT and RDM960 or RDM970 if you want XTR.

I knew I would confuse everyone.... It was me who wanted a conventional RD.. that starts at the small cog at the back....