From 8sp to 9

PocketRocket

Guest Big H

Yes, 8 speed freewheels can normally take a nine speed cassette. You might have to change your STi's though as a 8 speed 105 STi cannot be changed to a 9 speed STi. Your fornt ring Sti should work but I am not sure if you can buy a seperate 9 speed STi. You can import one from www.chainreactioncycles.com or www.totalsports.com-96

I've got a complete 9sp 105 groupset in very good condition, including Flight Deck computer, for R2500.

Guest Big H

Pocket Rocket. I read your post again. You should be able to fit a 8 speed cassette to your 9 speed freewheel without changing anything. You only need a chain whip and a splined Shimano cassette spanner. BBB makes good value or take it to your LBS to fit.

Sorry I did not read properly!!!!!

When you set up your jockey, just set it so that it won't jump to either the top or bottom gear

When you set up your jockey' date=' just set it so that it won't jump to either the top or bottom gear[/quote']

Sorry OcTaLL, not gonna work, the spacing is different, just get an 8 speed cassette and all will be well.