Gansbaai skills track - more pics added

Gansbay

skills track looks very cool. sorry but how far it from CT-more specific stellenbosch? are the any long routes to do in that area. I always like exploring new areas.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Pearly Beach this weekend.  I would have popped in to check this out if I had known.

I took a ride from Pearly to Elim - quite a nice scenic ride' date=' with two STEEP hills!
[/quote']

There is a nice loop if you ride that way Mrs Colonel.  From Elim ride to wolvengat (Viljoenshof) and then back along the ridge to the Pearly beach road.  (Mostly on the lighthouse to lighthouse route)A nice round trip with one of the fastests downhills around! (the one down to P'beach)

I've clocked 86 going down that hill. Its so steep you only see the runout from the top, you don't see the middle section. Might be going to GBay next week, will probably go check out the skills track.
Good work Gansbay!

Let us know if you are in the area.  we are only back on sunday the 2nd, but would be nice to meet some hubbers from out of town.  How well do you know the area muddy p?  Also let us know if you are going to ride that hill again, would be good to slip somebody down and see if we can improve on that speed!

skills track looks very cool. sorry but how far it from CT-more specific stellenbosch? are the any long routes to do in that area. I always like exploring new areas.

Hi wheelz

We are about 2 hours from stellenbosch.  what kind of rides do you like.  We don't have jonkershoek/oakvalley or lebanon singletrack, but we do have long rides, and long rides that can include hectic climbs!  The short loops start at about 40km, then 65km, then 105km, and lastly a 120+ killer.  Some of the routes are along the stanford race route (happening on the 4th and 5th of september) which inlcudes the tough climb.  The Gansbaai race route which includes two nice climbs is 50km (20km on fantastic jeep track).  Give us a shout and we'll show you where to go if you are in the area.

• 2 months later...

Had some hassles with vandalism with the track we built in the town.  Will fix in time for the school holidays for those who will be visiting.

In the meantime put some effort in a little track closer to home

20091027_043630_jump_001.jpg

getting a bit of air off the dirt jump

20091027_043736_jump_002.jpg

trying a no footer (my daughter is the patient photographer here)

20091027_043914_jump_2b.jpg

Second dirt jump in progress (not enough good soil around!)

20091027_044105_jump_003.jpg

Composite of the first jump - got him to wear some safety stuff as the wooden structure is not as forgiving as soil.

20091027_044321_jump_004.jpg

Our little wall ride.  Also got some jumps across a river, and beginning a pump section and rock garden.