Easton SLX vs Mavic R-Sys wheelsets

ASTANA

Which one would you rather use ? racing and training  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather use ? racing and training

• Easton SLX - (1400) +- 9-10k?
    • Mavic R-Sys - (1355g) apparently they are 15 -17K ?
    • other ? (name and price please)

Hey - I really love the Eastons and Easton in general. Love the look etc.

Thing is the bike I want to buy comes with The mavic R-sys , so what to do, go the extra mile and swop / sell / exchange the Rsys for the SLX or stick with these ?

Heard of some problems with Mavic wheels from friends who complained so don't want to risk.

What do you guys think ?

PRICE and weight UPDATED20090605_053009_EA90_SLX_set_09.jpg

20090605_053040_MavicRSys_08.jpg

ASTANA2009-06-05 05:30:52

Buy the bike and I will swop my SLX for the Mavics.

HAHA - sorry man. Just looked up Rsys op the net and this price poped up, put apparently from a LBS they go for 15 -17K ?

I own the Easton EA90SLX, and have done a few race with the mavics.  I personally think there is very little difference between the two in terms of perfomance I didn't notice any difference in my performances in both hilly races and fast flat ones (they are both great wheelsets), the eastons feel like slightly stiffer wheels imo.

In terms of quality I was told by a wheel builder the Eastons are the best factory built wheels he has ever come across.

From using both wheelsets if I was given a pair I would pick the Eastons, but if I already had the Mavics wouldn't change them.

Thanx for the info. Yeah I guess its up to picking which one you like more. Regards

I went through a similar dilemma some time ago. It was a toss up between Easton and Mavic. Everybody at the time told me Easton. So I bought some. I got myself the Easton EA90 Aero, and happy a a pig in s%$t. I believe the Aero have same hub as SLX. Great wheels